Lumia 930 Finally coming to SA tomorrow(22/08/2014)

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hai,

Well, let me start with, It "hit stores" on Tuesday already according to their FB and Twitter pages.
Only to find out no one have the phone yet.

Phoned a store and they said delivery has been delayed till end of August.
Later on Nokia starts telling people who ask about the phone that it will be available from tomorrow.

Here's hoping.
If so i will hopefully have mine on Saturday :D

Not sure how many South Africans are stalking here. So maybe post some updates here if you guys get yours, maybe also say where you got it.

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm South African, and I plan to get one within 2-3 weeks:) I asked somebody at MTN (local carrier for those who don't know) what exactly they mean by "Coming Soon" and I was told from the start of September. Either way, clearly our carriers will have it within 1 day - 10 days from now :) It's a shame that we get WP products so late though, even the 1520 launched a few months later here than worldwide. Contrast this to Samsung, where there were big proclamations of the April 11 2014 worldwide release and after that date, the very first carrier branch I walked past had a Samsung rep halting me and declaring: "THIS, is the Samsung Galaxy S5." Anyway, super keen for the phone and I'll definitely post an in-depth review of my experiences.

PS: Does anybody know what colours we'll get? I SOOOO nearly got a 1520 but MTN didn't get the yellow version, only the black. Here's hoping for all 4 choices this time!

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
And not a single Lumia 930 was seen that day.
Thanks Nokia SA for lying to customers.... twice.

I'd be hesitant to label it lying. Carriers tend to only carry some phones from the start of the new month. For example, the 930 on MTN is listed as Coming Soon in the August catalogue. Now, the GALAXY S5, in the April catalog was listed as available with a little asterisk saying "from 11 April", so, in lieu of a similar "available from 22 August" from MTN I was never expecting the phone to be available this month. I'm just glad things are falling into place for me. My GALAXY S II contract has ended (it ended on 26 July) and although the month long wait is a bit of a chore I'll handle it. Plus, I happen to have a 10 day university holiday coming up from 5 to 15 September, giving me a great opportunity to pick up my 930 and spend a lot of time with it, AND my 20th birthday is on the 6th, so that all just works together to make me a happy guy:)

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I call it lying coz whenever people asked Nokia when the phone would be available they would say Friday, even when they asked for Vodacom or MTN.

But ohwell, guess it's not entirely lying since the phone is available... At the Nokia store in Vodacom World in Midrand only.
Carriers have to wait till September :D and from the sound of it, the second week only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes