integrate with sp3

dunamis

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey I've been a Mac user and recently picked up a sp3 which I really enjoy. Having used android but considering the HTC m8 window phone. Besides how I could sync with onenote app, email, and contacts what benefits will I have having a window phone syncing with sp3?

I read some people say they seamlessly sync between the window phone and sp3 but I don't see all the benefits besides the app one note and email and contact?

What are some benefits and methods to sync between the 2 devices?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey I've been a Mac user and recently picked up a sp3 which I really enjoy. Having used android but considering the HTC m8 window phone. Besides how I could sync with onenote app, email, and contacts what benefits will I have having a window phone syncing with sp3?

I read some people say they seamlessly sync between the window phone and sp3 but I don't see all the benefits besides the app one note and email and contact?

What are some benefits and methods to sync between the 2 devices?

There are a lot of universal apps that are available for both devices. What that means is you buy the app once, and you have it on both devices. What is a Universal Windows app? | Windows Phone Central

That's one of my favourite features of having both Windows Phone and Windows 8.1.

dunamis

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
That makes sense. The fruit company and even android now makes you buy one for tablet and one for the phone.

I thought there was a special way to sync between the 2 devices that I wasn't aware of.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That makes sense. The fruit company and even android now makes you buy one for tablet and one for the phone.

I thought there was a special way to sync between the 2 devices that I wasn't aware of.

Some of the Universal apps/Universal games sync. I don't play games on mobile (and I don't use Windows 8.1 Store games--I'm a Steam desktop PC gamer), so I can't provide any information there. However, I have Nextgen Reader, which is a Universal App. When I mark my RSS feeds read on my phone, it syncs on my PC (and vice-versa). That's just one example that I know from my personal use.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
In truth, Microsoft has developed apps for Android and iOS that allow you to sync most of your data with the Microsoft services on your PC without a Windows Phone (OneDrive, OneNote, Office 365, Xbox Music, Bing Search are all cross-platform now).

However, in addition to the Universal Apps mentioned above, there are still some synced items unique to Windows Phone like:
  • Syncing of open tabs, bookmarks and history in IE
  • Syncing of your Reading List
  • Syncing of colour themes (optional)
  • Syncing of data in Bing apps (News, Health & Fitness, Weather, etc.)
  • Syncing of WiFi passwords

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12