I can't buy an M8 for windows.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Because I'm in Canada, and it's driving me nuts. Seriously considering going back to an iPhone, if for no other reason than that I can walk into a store and buy one.
I can't even purchase an unlocked M8 at a Microsoft store. And they have no knowledge of whether or not they will receive it.
I want that phone so bad, but nobody wants my money lol. The only one available is the single only listing on eBay, and he's asking over $800. Supply and demand I guess. But I'm not paying over $800 for a phone with an obnoxious carrier logo stamped on the back.
Sigh.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This is what happens when there is a carrier exclusive. Plus also it probably does not support the LTE bands your carrier supports so you would be stuck using it in GSM. Once the AT&T version is available, it's more likely to be compatible provided you can have it unlocked, plus you should be able to get it for a more normal price.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I think this phone will come to Canada, unlike the Icon/930. It will probably be like in December though.
Since there's talk (i.e. rumour) of international release for this phone, I would also imagine it will come to Canada. The ATIV S was available across all major carriers (minus WIND though my ATIV S works splendidly with it), so it's possible that this phone could be available to all three, if not four. This is, of course, assuming Canada will ever get the device.

Last edited:

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Because I'm in Canada, and it's driving me nuts. Seriously considering going back to an iPhone, if for no other reason than that I can walk into a store and buy one.
I can't even purchase an unlocked M8 at a Microsoft store. And they have no knowledge of whether or not they will receive it.
I want that phone so bad, but nobody wants my money lol. The only one available is the single only listing on eBay, and he's asking over $800. Supply and demand I guess. But I'm not paying over $800 for a phone with an obnoxious carrier logo stamped on the back.
Sigh.
I wouldn't purchase the Verizon phone anyway. People in this forum (HTC and others) have reported being unable to change MMS APN settings. If you really want this phone, you might be better off waiting for the AT&T version.

sneakymoose

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
This is working exceptionally well for me on T-Mobile US, except that I can't change the MMS APN so MMS isn't working at all. It gets voice, SMS, 3G, HSPA+, and LTE with T-Mobile, though.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You should probably be seeing that AT&T version in the not too distant future, but GSM mode works out of the box on the VZW version, so check your local network frequencies and see if it will work. If you can live without the MMS thing, it should be good to go on at least 3G in most areas.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely frustrating! I actually ended up buying an orange 930. My 8X still doesn't have 8.1.1... I don't see their market share getting better anytime soon, not enough to make HTC care about ensuring their phones can update. So my new 930 comes in the mark on Tuesday!
Plus that camera... Oh, that camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos