Can I downgrade to black+your opinion on Cyan update?

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
The wife has a 520 with Cyan, as far as I can see most of the upgrade is optional, you can choose three columns, you can choose to have a picture on your tiles, you can choose to swipe or type and I have played about with her phone and it isn't laggy at all.

Bob

Hmm I don't have any of that enabled. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with it.
I guess I'm just one of those unlucky ones. Like how things happened to people upgrading to Black(some had many issues). Or maybe its was third party apps related (I had issues with whatsapp and meander, the apps just wouldn't fire up. By the way thanks for dropping by with the opinion :) it is very much appreciated.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
So far Im very pleased with CYAN. everything is working as designed from what I gather. :)

I understand that IE works better(can play without going full screen and can still have audio play when screen is locked)
Is your device a little bit faster or did it slow down a little bit?

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed is the battery...big problem.. And maybe little bit slower but not laggy.

Oh yeses battery but well the L520 battery was never a strong point.
I guess slower is equivalent to my leggy. Dad has Android and my gosh I'm glad I'm with WP.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
There is but that wouldnt be a wise decision since you are missing out on many new featurs like shape writing, notification center, transparent tiles, quick toggles etc. A hard reset would solve the lag.

Already tried the hard reset. Still not satisfied (will try once again with NSRT) I actually don't mind losing out on those if it works better on Black. In fact ill pass it to mum but I want to make sure that her experience using WP will be like mine , awesome. Not some complicated smart phone ><

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I was under the impression that you could not roll back firmware upgrades like Cyan. I may be wrong about that. Anyway, I had upgraded a 1520 to Cyan and it started having a few issues like long resume times and freezing every now and then. After doing a hard reset the phone is buttery smooth now. Try the reset and hope it works well for you.

Thanks I hope it will be superb after resetting using NSRT

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I was under the impression that you could not roll back firmware upgrades like Cyan. I may be wrong about that. Anyway, I had upgraded a 1520 to Cyan and it started having a few issues like long resume times and freezing every now and then. After doing a hard reset the phone is buttery smooth now. Try the reset and hope it works well for you.

hard reset will make your phone WPSmooth again

Thanks I hope it will be superb after resetting using NSRT.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

I would help you, but you refer to Android as 'lagdroid' and that really annoys me.
Okay firstly if I offended you then you have my apologies , however by calling android lagdroid I'm merely re-quoting some post I saw somewhere on the net and I'm comparing a L520 with those specs and around that price level ( I don't think ill have performance like there is on WP)

I'll gladly use a nexus 5(I think which comes without the common bloatware) or the HTC one M8 (windows or android) or the 1 plus 1.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay firstly if I offended you then you have my apologies , however by calling android lagdroid I'm merely re-quoting some post I saw somewhere on the net and I'm comparing a L520 with those specs and around that price level ( I don't think ill have performance like there is on WP)

I'll gladly use a nexus 5(I think which comes without the common bloatware) or the HTC one M8 (windows or android) or the 1 plus 1.

Okay with that said, I'll help. Cyan is slower than Black because of the new features however there are ways to make it faster.

First of all you should navigate to Storage Sense and clear the cache, and then you have to see how much data is being taken up by the "Other" files.

If you have a Class 6 or above SD Card, move all your apps to the SD Card and set everything to download on the SD Card via the Storage Sense settings.

Use the Files app on the Windows Phone Store and delete any unnecessary things you have on internal storage.

Using the Battery Saver app, disable unnecessary apps from using memory.

Unpin Cortana from your live tiles and don't use the Live Lock Screen app. Reduce the number of live tiles you have on your screen as well.

I believe this is all you can do.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay with that said, I'll help. Cyan is slower than Black because of the new features however there are ways to make it faster.

First of all you should navigate to Storage Sense and clear the cache, and then you have to see how much data is being taken up by the "Other" files.

If you have a Class 6 or above SD Card, move all your apps to the SD Card and set everything to download on the SD Card via the Storage Sense settings.

Use the Files app on the Windows Phone Store and delete any unnecessary things you have on internal storage.

Using the Battery Saver app, disable unnecessary apps from using memory.

Unpin Cortana from your live tiles and don't use the Live Lock Screen app. Reduce the number of live tiles you have on your screen as well.

I believe this is all you can do.

Okay so I hard reset the phone last week. I have a class 10 mSD card. Also Cortana is not available in my region.
I'll let you know how it goes after a hard reset with the NSRT.

CazL

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a 520 and the lag since the update is awful. I love the new features of cyan with the notification options etc but the lag is driving me mad

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a 520 and the lag since the update is awful. I love the new features of cyan with the notification options etc but the lag is driving me mad
What kind of lag are you facing? Apps resume fast on 8.1. They take much less space, battery backup is better. The only concern is that the animations are not so smooth on 512 MB devices as in 8.0. MS is actually targeting at "Threshold". So 8.1 is a transition b/w 8.0 and 9.0.

Aswin Smart

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I did one the other day but its still not to my satisfaction. Tried NSRT to reset but somehow the software is not detecting the phone. Hard reset from the phone(setting). Tried changing USB ports, tied soft resetting, tried restarting (including restarting the PC) Any suggestions?
disable windows firewall and turn off antivirus protection.And connect your phone directly to CPU usb port. Don't use any usb hub. Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss