The 635 was great on my camping trip

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've spent the past week camping near Lake Michigan with the 635. Needless to say, I'm impressed. I took a ton of photos and videos. I even took a video of us riding our bikes down the trail which looked pretty good. Especially since I was just holding the phone out in front of me while steering and filming, lol. Fortunately, most of the photos I took were in good lighting conditions and look excellent. They're exactly what I expected for the price of the phone.

Weather was a bit hectic since it was right next to Lake Michigan. There was a severe thunderstorm the second night there. Luckily, I didn't get it wet. I got my phone covered in sand walking along the beach but the 635 shrugged it off. Battery life was fine. I did need a few midday charges, which wasn't surprising since I was using it so much.

As for performance, it's no different than what everyone says about low-end Windows Phones. Some slight lag (and I do mean slight) but nothing that was a distraction. Otherwise, performance was excellent. I also love the way the phone feels in the hand. It's a shame, I think the 635 could be one of the best mid-range phones available if it only had marginally better hardware. With that said, the 635 is still a really good phone at a great price.

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Glad your enjoying it! I really like mine too. I just wish it had flash and front facing camera like my 625 has. With those two features this phone would be close to mid range. The 512 ram is ok for me. Phone is pretty quick and smooth and all the apps I use are compatible with 512. Just wish TMOBILE had a true mid range. Hopefully the 830 will come out soon. Or even better if the HTC M8 for Windows came to TMOBILE. But I doubt it will!

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
That looks pretty awesome!

Hitting a long beach weekend getaway this weekend and contemplating bringing the 1520 or 635 for convenience. The 635 is in the lead so far.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Dude, that looks really good... am I just bad at using this thing?....

I find that the key to taking good pics with this phone is lighting. The more light the better! I took a few just when the sun was starting to go down. They turned out pretty good.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That looks pretty awesome!

Hitting a long beach weekend getaway this weekend and contemplating bringing the 1520 or 635 for convenience. The 635 is in the lead so far.

Even though I didn't drop my phone I still managed to get sand all over it. I was glad it was just on the 635 since I could easily pop off the back and brush out any sand. I didn't want to risk sand getting anywhere on my 1520, or even worse, dropping it in the lake!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought, for such a cheap phone as the Lumia 625, to get such beautiful photos is really quite surprising.

I actually saw some nice shots taken with a 520.
You could definitely see its not the best, but dang, still nice work by the user themself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos