Can't open files in OneDrive on my Nokia Lumia 1520.

robinperrett

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
All my various folders from my tablet's OneDrive were transferred automatically to my Nokia Lumia's OneDrive. However, all the files in my "Favourites" folder show as only 1kb each and have the words "Just me" under each entry. None of them will open. When I try to open one, a warning comes up stating:" We couldn't open the file. Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi network" (Which of course I am). Maybe I need an app to open these "Favourite" websites. But which one?

Last edited:

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused - OneDrive is in the cloud, so assuming that you are using the same Live login on both devices, you should just be able to access the OneDrive files from either device. There's no "transferring" that should even need to be done. I wonder if you possibly copied folder shortcut icons over, which of course would not open, since they aren't real files.

robinperrett

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry 'Kittengirl" , I should have said that the OneDrive folders were automatically transferred from my tablet to WP. However, although I can open all the files on my tablet in the "Favourites" section of OneDrive, when I select any file m the same section on my WP8.1 a warning appears stating: "We couldn't open the file, make sure you're connected to a Wi- Fi network and try again". And of course I am connected to a Wi-Fi network. All the files are of course websites, something happened in the transference. Maybe I need a specific app to open them, but what app would that be?

robinperrett

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for response 'Kittengirl'. Sorry for confusing you. Yes, the folders were transferred automatically. But the websites open ok on tablet why not on my WP 8.1? Do I need a special app? A warning appears stating: We couldn't open the file.
Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi network. (which of course I am)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234