Battery and Camera

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
People will tell you that if you try shoes on and they're not comfortable, don't think they just need to be broken in with time - don't buy them.

The 920 is my uncomfortable shoe. I knew from the beginning I wasn't experiencing good battery life and after just a couple of weeks, I could tell dust/lint under the front-facing camera could be a problem. Here I am a year later and the front camera is next to unusable. I'm going to look up how to perhaps take it apart and clean it so if anyone of you all have tips on how to clear up the junk under the screen where the FFC is, please advise. Having said that, the dust and lint under the camera isn't that huge of an issue as my now-one-year-old battery barely lets me use the phone to begin with. All settings off, nothing in the background running, etc., and if I only send some texts - literally, only use the phone to send a handful of text messages and that's it - I may get about 5 hours out of it. Take some pictures? Listen to some music? Browse the internet? My phone will be completely dead within a couple/few hours.

When I can use it, and besides the design flaw of the front camera, it's a pretty cool phone. And maybe 8.1/Cyan will change things, but come April, I can't see me not jumping ship back to iOS or Android.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
How often do you reboot (power OFF) the phone ? (once a week s/b a good interval)

Have you performed a soft reset ? Do you know how ?

These issues will affect power management. I thought my wife's phone had similar issues - after a soft reset & full power cycle, it's back to normal.

These are easy fixes which cost nothing (time or expense), worth a shot !

BTW - that's the exception, when I had my Lumia 920 (wife's now, she wanted it) it was always a full day before needing a charge (except on heavy gaming days). Charged it every nite, overnite in airplane mode.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
As for cleaning. I admit I clean my whole phone 3-5 times a day. That also includes the phone cover. This way dirt won't build over time getting stuck around the camera. Have a look at the air vents in your computer or old computer console. 9/10 it will be covered in dust but personally I dust it with a soft brush and thankfully it's as clean as new. Little things like these really helps. My 1520 is 6 months old now.... Not one scratch...pretty sad I know as I go to bed making sure all finger prints are off the screen and case and no smudge marks...but nothing like waking up in the morning reaching for a fully charged clean phone. Yes I have O.C.D and no... I don't have a girlfriend which explains it lol

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Tried all that to no avail. If I'm doing something very battery intensive - like Skyping - my phone will still die while it's plugged in. And I need to figure out a way to clean that front camera.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Baby wipe is good to clean it...but make sure it doesn't soak it so don't put to much pressure on it as you clean...to dry it...use an ear bud..this will grab the dirt around the edges...the baby wipe has a soft oil to loosen the dirt....once dried get out the remaining pieces with a soft phone brush. Do this a few times and you have a dirt free phone

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Baby wipe is good to clean it...but make sure it doesn't soak it so don't put to much pressure on it as you clean...to dry it...use an ear bud..this will grab the dirt around the edges...the baby wipe has a soft oil to loosen the dirt....once dried get out the remaining pieces with a soft phone brush. Do this a few times and you have a dirt free phone

Thanks, but the dirt is under the glass, covering the camera lens. I need to clean the dust out from under it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs