Broken 1020 screen

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Apologies if this in the wrong area but I have tried to post in the general questions area only to met with tapatalk API error each time. To the topic at hand however, as the subject states I have smashed the screen of my 1020 and really want to get it fixed. The device itself still works, no damage to the digitizer. I have been quoted ?100 for the repair so far, is this correct or does anyone in the UK know a cheaper and reputable source.

Thanks again.

vash9852

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Ifixit.com take that ?100 and put it towards a couple tools and a new screen, then go back to ifixit.com and use there step by step guide on how to do it.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Message me if you need more info

Parts with tools currently flagging up at ?80-95 on eBay and then some of the screens aren't OEM from the images the sellers have put up(missing Nokia name below speaker grill section). Some dont seem to have that white casing I saw in the ifixit walkthrough. I did find a service that can do the job for ?75, might use that if I can't find anything cheaper. Still, can't help but feel a little miffed that the setup for the 1020 is different from the 920 when the screen is the same barring GG3 on the 1020. I used to berate GS2 users for how Samsung did there screen housing, egg on my face now :-S

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro