Miracast support

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it is a 8x thing but on my 920, I've had a lot of success with an app called Smart Player. It is one of the unsung heros in the market we don't hear about. I use it to cast from my Plex server to my WD HDTV. It works with everything and works well.

Georgi Anastasov

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Project my screen supports only on WP 8.1. Either wait for 8.1 release for 8X or go for DP program.

Well I am with the developer preview but on the project my screen there is this "This phone can't project your screen with a wireless connection. Connect with USB" And that's why I'm asking. I think that 8X may not support miracast but who knows maybe the long-waited driver updates will fix that too

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
There are three requirements for Miracast to work.
  1. Windows Phone 8.1 or later
  2. Official OEM Supported Firmware (ie. Cyan for Lumias or unnamed official HTC/Samsung/etc updates from carriers)
  3. Current Gen Processors like Snapdragon 800/801. A quick search online also shows the Snapdragon 400 also supports Miracast but I'm not 100% sure.

In your case, I believe the 8X will not get Miracast support at all since it is the older Snapdragon S4 processor which is not capable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo