I thought Blink feed auto updated

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought there was a setting for update intervals on blink feed articles. Not seeing it. Anyone know? I've heard very mixed reviews regarding blink feed in the past and I've never used it before. If auto updating is a problem then maybe I've found the reason its not popular. It only updates when I open it so having a live tile seems kind of like wasted start screen space then.
I'll poke around on the android forum's M8 section but would like to get our own discussions going here. So while I'm at it what are you all using for live news tiles?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, yeah, I'm looking around google and got some interesting info. Apparently WP has a watered down version of blink feed. Android's version and WP's version are pretty different. I see no where to input calendar info while google has that option. Maybe you can verify. Of course we have Cortana for that. In any case blink feed seems lame to me and I'll probably just find something else to take that spot on my start screen. HTC and Verizon were hyping it for the M8. Guess I was expecting more. Who needs to see the same news article flipping over and over every time one looks at their screen?

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
My M8 will be here tomorrow and I will update you then. I just have my M7 (Android) right now which you have to specify to add the calendar input. I have a feeling it's the same on the M8WP...

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
My M8 will be here tomorrow and I will update you then. I just have my M7 (Android) right now which you have to specify to add the calendar input. I have a feeling it's the same on the M8WP...
Don't see anywhere to specify calendar input. I would have thought it to be the same also. Interested to hear how you like your M8 when you get time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss