Problem with music

Harneet Singh4

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I got L630 recently. I inserted my earlier sd card in it.
Yesterday i decided to organize my files on sd card, so i took out my sd card, copied contents to my PC, formatted d card , nd put back the organised stuff back.
Now my when i open music app, nd play a song, aftr clicking the song name, the song starts playing bt i just goes back to home screen.

What to do?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I got L630 recently. I inserted my earlier sd card in it.
Yesterday i decided to organize my files on sd card, so i took out my sd card, copied contents to my PC, formatted d card , nd put back the organised stuff back.
Now my when i open music app, nd play a song, aftr clicking the song name, the song starts playing bt i just goes back to home screen.

What to do?

Put your card inside the phone
Format your card from inside the phone
then copy the music files via usb cable
Dont soft reset / hard reset for each and every small issue.

Settings-->Storage sense-->SD card-->format SD card (scroll down & you will see the option)

Harneet Singh4

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Put your card inside the phone
Format your card from inside the phone
then copy the music files via usb cable
Dont soft reset / hard reset for each and every small issue.

Settings-->Storage sense-->SD card-->format SD card (scroll down & you will see the option)

You are right man. Unfortunately i had to do the hard reset because it was getting on my nerves + i read your solution just now.
I too thought that if i have to hard reset every time something happens, then that really sucks. This is my first wp experience and this issue really degraded my likings towards the OS. Fortunately, your solution brought back the OS right back to my liking where it was.

The issue was that the thumbnails created for my music didn't delete with the format of card as the format was external, so putting the music back in again just created doubles and so many unsupported junk files in the music. I tried deleting them from PC as my music was in external but the thumbnails were in internal memory. But i didn't succeed as they were read only files, and they were write- protected.

Thanx anyways man !! Really appreciate your help !!

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
You are right man. Unfortunately i had to do the hard reset because it was getting on my nerves + i read your solution just now.
I too thought that if i have to hard reset every time something happens, then that really sucks. This is my first wp experience and this issue really degraded my likings towards the OS. Fortunately, your solution brought back the OS right back to my liking where it was.

The issue was that the thumbnails created for my music didn't delete with the format of card as the format was external, so putting the music back in again just created doubles and so many unsupported junk files in the music. I tried deleting them from PC as my music was in external but the thumbnails were in internal memory. But i didn't succeed as they were read only files, and they were write- protected.

Thanx anyways man !! Really appreciate your help !!

Patience is the first thing you must have when you are working with any electronic device, no matter how fast it is !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon