Rumor Lumia 730 on U.S. carriers?

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to get an update since on this since I am interest in the 735 and 830 but mostly on the 735! Does anyone know already the carriers that have rumor to sign up to carry it in the U.S.?

Last edited:

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I know ATT, Verizon, and Tmobile will carry the 830. I do not think sprint will. No info on the 730, although I would guess at least ATT and Tmobile will have it.

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The 730 on tmobile should be around $220, and the ATT version $200, although the MS store should offer them for $150 to $170. Verizon only currently offers high end WPs, I do not see them changing that. The 830 will be maybe $300 off contract, and free to $50 on one. The MS store should also offer this for $220 to $250.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi jpal12,

I am using t-mobile and the management like to limit features of Lumia WPs. So when ever a new phone is announced, I look for what they will limit like only "white" color, limit storage, or different form factor which limits accessories compare to the standard version.

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Last edited:

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The only white color might be a concern, although both phones are rumoured to have removable shells. The windows phone 8.1 update adds support for apps on SD card, so storage is less of a concern, and will likely be 8 GB on all but the high end devices. I am not sure about the 830. And now that Microsoft is making Lumia phones, they will have enough money to stop Tmobile from changing the dimensions.

Last edited:

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The only white color might be a concern, although both phones are rumoured to have removable shells. The windows phone 8.1 update adds support for apps on SD card, so storage is less of a concern, and will likely be 8 GB on all but the high end devices. I am not sure about the 830. And now that Microsoft is making Lumia phones, they will have enough money to stop Tmobile from changing the dimensions.

830 will have 16GB on board storage. Same processor and screen resolution. I learning toward the 735.

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile district manager knows nothing about either model coming to T-Mobile! Does not look good for the U.S. I guessing; this is one of the phones that is called their global phone. Nokia/Microsoft does not want to hurt U.S. carriers by adding additional Lumia models to their inventory so they just call it a global phone and leave the U.S. and Canadian marketplace out of it! They did it with a couple of earlier phones too! Sad!

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile district manager knows nothing about either model coming to T-Mobile! Does not look good for the U.S. I guessing; this is one of the phones that is called their global phone. Nokia/Microsoft does not want to hurt U.S. carriers by adding additional Lumia models to their inventory so they just call it a global phone and leave the U.S. and Canadian marketplace out of it! They did it with a couple of earlier phones too! Sad!

I would hope that's not the case - if it is, hello Moto G. The 735 is exactly what I've been waiting for. Here's hoping the big guys, specifically AT&T, gets it so I can put it on Cricket.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Both are coming to the US. They have them listed on Nokia's US website.

Good to hear! Let see if there are follow up announcements in a week or so as to how it is to be sold in the U.S. I what an unlocked version sold on the Microsoft Retail Store and on Microsoft's online store.

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I would get the 730 for $200 at most. I'm disappointed in the specs, but if the price was right I could live with it. The 830 is better, but if it's i the $400 range, forget it. Nexus 6 will have way better specs and if history tells us anything, will be in the same ballpark pricewise.

I know WP8 does not need incredible hardware to run smoothly. I just had a Android person observe me using my 521 and he said 'wow, still no lag' (I've had a 521 for almost a year). Still, either give high end specs or give really good price points on lower end specs...a middle ground isn't appealing to me.

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The prices for the newly announced phones will not be for the US. It will probably be $150 for the 735, and $250 for the 830.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to get an update since on this since I am interest in the 735 and 830 but mostly on the 735! Does anyone know already the carriers that have rumor to sign up to carry it in the U.S.?

One more for the rumor mill...this is completely unfounded and I have no photographic proof.

I just got home from the T-Mobile store near us.
This location had very few phones on display actually just the usual Samsung, LG and iPhone selection.

After getting some business done I asked the young gal helping me if any new phones were coming.
She wasn't for sure then a dude in a suit and tie with a T-Mo name tag on stepped over and introduced himself as a company customer liaison.
He told me all area stores were getting one new model from htc before Septembers end and 2 new phones from Microsoft before the holiday rush.

This guy said all stores would have 4 WP's in stock and on display by mid November.
He eluded to a number of locals asking about lower cost devices for family members.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
According to Paul Thurrott - the 735 (730 and 830) are NOT coming to the US....
not yet... atleast....no evidence...
http://winsupersite.com/windows-pho...ces-announces-new-lumias-accessories-firmware
last paragraph of the article....
That is not what Paul said, nor Microsoft. They simply did not comment on it. No carriers were announced that day. None.

The absence of a US carrier announcement is not evidence that they are "NOT coming to the US...". It just means there is nothing official.

I am confident that one or both of these are coming to the US. Indeed, everyone's favorite evleaks said so months ago. No one remembers "Tesla" (ATT) and "Superman" (Verizon), both "mid range" Windows Phones with Update 1 on board? That's the Lumia 830.

Last edited:

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
That is not what Paul said, nor Microsoft. They simply did not comment on it. No carriers were announced that day. None.

The absence of a US carrier announcement is not evidence that they are "NOT coming to the US...". It just means there is nothing official.

I am confident that one or both of these are coming to the US. Indeed, everyone's favorite evleaks said so months ago. No one remembers "Tesla" (ATT) and "Superman" (Verizon), both "mid range" Windows Phones with Update 1 on board? That's the Lumia 830.

Didn't you think it was kind of unusual they didn't announce US carriers or dates? are they waiting to see what happens after the iPhone 6 debut?

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Well right after I wrote this I saw that Nokia USA tweeted that Elop will be speaking tomorrow in Las Vegas....hmmmm maybe we will hear something. :)

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Didn't you think it was kind of unusual they didn't announce US carriers or dates? are they waiting to see what happens after the iPhone 6 debut?

Not really and no. There's no reason to base the release around iPhone 6 and there's no reason to announce network launch dates if they're not set yet. The 735 is specifically a U.S. device - no other country needs an LTE/single SIM phone more than the United States.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Daniel Rubino in the Elop 830 AT&T announcement said that Verizon would get the 735! Ugh!

Last edited by a moderator:

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Daniel Rubino in the Elop 830 AT&T announcement said that Verizon would get the 735! Ugh!

Neither say they are exclusive, however. Or at worst, let's hope for a very short period of exclusivity like the HTC One with a supposedly 60 day exclusivity period. My phone is limping and needs replacing, but it's not going to be on VZW no matter what. I left them over 3 years ago and have loved the savings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte