htc m8 android and wp 8.1

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The best approach for Microsoft may be to work with companies like HTC, LG, Motorola (after Lenovo fully takes over) to allow users to back up their Android images and load Windows Phone. The ability to go back to an Android back-up via OneDrive (which is how you pull it off) could make the switch less worrisome.

People buy Android because that's what they're told to buy, but customer satisfaction with Android is very low - crazy low. Satisfaction usually sits at 30% or less. Yet people use the phones everyday and need them, so there is fear and many are hesitant to just jump to Apple.

Microsoft NEEDS to make it easy to move over and they have to find a way to get most apps over. The central problem for many is that they are locked into Gmail and use Google and Youtube frequently, so having no official apps hurts all the Google users and Google is in a position where they don't need to make WP apps. That means Microsoft has to create seamless ways for people to move off Google services (mostly) entirely. There is supposedly a HTML5 Youtube app coming. Truth is that the email client can handle Gmail just fine. Google Drive is not terribly successful, so an opening could be coming.

speedfreak1187

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I use Google drive for work but mostly edit docs from my chrome book. Maybe MS will see all these dual boot threads and come up with a solution. I like to switch between OS' s on a regular bases to try something new, and I like to try all the newest features I have yet to find an android app to compete with cortana. I figured a htc m8 user here could help the design over at XDA get what they need to start development

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I use Google drive for work but mostly edit docs from my chrome book. Maybe MS will see all these dual boot threads and come up with a solution. I like to switch between OS' s on a regular bases to try something new, and I like to try all the newest features I have yet to find an android app to compete with cortana. I figured a htc m8 user here could help the design over at XDA get what they need to start development

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

If you search it out,you'll see what was done with the HD2 so they have a idea of what needs to be done,but so far the one who did the best hasn't elected to help yet..a lot has changed since then

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
If you search it out,you'll see what was done with the HD2 so they have a idea of what needs to be done,but so far the one who did the best hasn't elected to help yet..a lot has changed since then

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Yeah, it's looking like they're trying to get their hands on a WPM8 to mess with. It doesn't look promising as most of the devs that worked on the HD2 are MIA.

Maybe we just need a new breed of devs to come forward and look into this. I like the idea of a bounty too and would gladly donate towards a bigger one if we could get some traction.
I'm thinking we need to get more devices out there, a gsm version when ATT releases will be good and if the rumors are true that TMO and Sprint get the phone, it'll be even better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo