What would happen if I reset my phone?

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm using Cyan and wp8.1 It initially came with Amber and wp8. I was wondering what would happen if I reset my phone in Settings > about? Will it go back to the initial state?

rayamedia

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If you backup first your phone is restored as it was and you don't lose anything. It's pretty much like the iOS restore in that way and very good. Android reset and restore is terrible!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd like a clarification on the reset if I may. I plan to do the backup, and was thinking about doing a reset, because I have a couple of apps that have become quite buggy ever since I swapped to a new SD-card. Evidently, I was supposed to go into settings to safely remove the old sd-card and didn't. I had a number of apps stored on it, which I re-installed. However, I had to uninstall several apps that were in phone memory as well because they began acting buggy and crashing.

I still haven't been able to get XBox Music to work properly, as it exits to the start screen any time a song starts to play.

I was just wondering if a reset would be likely to cure my ills with the situation?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos