928 XLTE speeds

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Just want to let every one know about this since there was some question...

Typically I operate in an LTE area and get about 5Mbps download speeds.

Today I went to Phoenix, where they have XLTE and after verifying that XLTE was in fact usable, I benchmarked with 2 different tests (Network Speed Test and Speedtest.net) and every time I tested, it was consistently at 20+Mbps download speed. VERY nice!!!

Just wanted to share.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I thought we can't use XLTE without an update? Also 20Mb isn't impressive at all. My highest speed in LA is in the 40s but I average 12-15Mb. My brother on t-mobile got 80Mb with their roll out of their 20-20 network(same as XLTA if I'm not mistaken).

I'd like to know if we really can take advantage of the 20-20 network.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Just want to let every one know about this since there was some question...

Typically I operate in an LTE area and get about 5Mbps download speeds.

Today I went to Phoenix, where they have XLTE and after verifying that XLTE was in fact usable, I benchmarked with 2 different tests (Network Speed Test and Speedtest.net) and every time I tested, it was consistently at 20+Mbps download speed. VERY nice!!!

Just wanted to share.

No offense but I lived in Scottsdale for five years, including the period after the XLTE roll out, and there was no performance increase. As others have pointed out the 928 is not capable of XLTE without an upgrade. In fact in terms of real world use post-XLTE, both my 928 and 822 saw performance hits almost to the day it went live. Areas that were three bar LTE became full bar 3G. This was also not imaginary, or just a quirk of the signal display on the phones. Performance in many areas suffered with a greater tendency to shift to markedly slower speeds. Even during a recent visit back for a meeting, the office location that was full strength LTE fluctuated between LTE and 3G, making internet sharing with my SP3 nearly useless. In contrast, my phones are now constantly LTE in El Paso, Texas and speeds are definitely higher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234