Lumia 1520 New Firmware update

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on Cyan/8.1 with my 1520 in the UK

Just received a 'Lumia Update' that takes the firmware to: 02061.00066.14253.40002 (was previously 40001)

Not sure what it is.

From what I am seeing.. It MAY finally be a proper fix for the 'phantom taps' issue. I've been trying for the last 20 minutes trying to get it to phantom tap. It's solid !!!!

No more of the 'jump scroll' bug either... You know, when you are scrolling slowly and the screen jumps (usually down) by half a screen.

I'm not going to speak too soon, as we've been here before, but I think it may have actually fixed it.

Anyone else getting this too???? Report your findings... Hopefully it is a final fix for that problem!!!!

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on Cyan/8.1 with my 1520 in the UK

Just received a 'Lumia Update' that takes the firmware to: 02061.00066.14253.40002 (was previously 40001)

Not sure what it is.

From what I am seeing.. It MAY finally be a proper fix for the 'phantom taps' issue. I've been trying for the last 20 minutes trying to get it to phantom tap. It's solid !!!!

I'm not going to speak too soon, as we've been here before, but I think it may have actually fixed it.

Anyone else getting this too???? Report your findings... Hopefully it is a final fix for that problem!!!!

Well let's hope that this is the solution. But I don't think it is. I saw a thread on this forums that explains that this issue is rather a hardware and not a software problem.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well let's hope that this is the solution. But I don't think it is. I saw a thread on this forums that explains that this issue is rather a hardware and not a software problem.

Yeah, I know, but I have been testing this non stop for 40 minutes now. All the previous places and programs where the phantom taps have occured, have not shown up once. I'm not having to be careful how I scroll the screen or how I tap.

People have said it was a hardware problem, which was still, an educated guess. From other 'issues' that have occured, namely the 'jump scroll' previously mentioned, I suspect it was a screen software calibration problem.

I would install it, and test it for yourself... So far, I'm convinced they have nailed it!!!!

I will keep 'kill testing' this and report if any phantom taps show up.. So far none have....

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
even if it is a hardware problem. you might be able to work around it with software. I installed it and I havent noticed the problem yet. But I want to test a bit more before I want to say for sure

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I know, but I have been testing this non stop for 40 minutes now. All the previous places and programs where the phantom taps have occured, have not shown up once. I'm not having to be careful how I scroll the screen or how I tap.

People have said it was a hardware problem, which was still, an educated guess. From other 'issues' that have occured, namely the 'jump scroll' previously mentioned, I suspect it was a screen software calibration problem.

I would install it, and test it for yourself... So far, I'm convinced they have nailed it!!!!

I will keep 'kill testing' this and report if any phantom taps show up.. So far none have....

Well I hope they nailed it. It's the only problem I experience with my 1520. I just hope that it don't return after 2-3 days like always. Good luck.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
As I said, I didn't want to speak too soon...

For me the issue has disappeared completely. For others, the issue may still be there. I'm still trying to make it 'fail'.
Previously my issues would show up within 5 minutes, not 2-3 days, as others have stated.

The testing continues......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs