No Wind Mobile after Cyan update

morbility

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So I downgraded my Rogers Lumia 920 last night from the preview for developers so I could get Cyan. However, after the Cyan update my network is gone (Wind Mobile), it worked fine before the update. Now I'm stuck without a phone so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ivo03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Check the APN.

So I downgraded my Rogers Lumia 920 last night from the preview for developers so I could get Cyan. However, after the Cyan update my network is gone (Wind Mobile), it worked fine before the update. Now I'm stuck without a phone so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

morbility

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The APN is fine, it's not an internet connection issue. My phone doesn't see the Wind network, right now it sees Wind away (which is wind's roaming access) and telus and bell. No Wind home...

morbility

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't flash the pre-portico Rogers firmware I had, and spent a large portion of last night flashing various firmwares to try to rectify the issue, no luck. Today I flashed the latest Rogers firmware from NCS, still not fixed, finally I tried the Nokia Software Recovery tool instead of NCS and bam, Wind works again! So I guess the moral is stick to the officially supported recovery methods :p

markthat

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey - same problem here. (currently with rogers, but wanting to switch to wind in the next few days) So do you still have Cyan then, or an earlier firmware?

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps you should talk to Wind. According to the Nokia website, Wind does not appear to support WP. It should work, anyway, but that doesn't mean it does. There has to be a reason why networks test new updates.

neoxphuse

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
****, I got the Developer's Preview to get Cyan just yesterday, and now my Wind Home can't connect and is missing. It's like a brick which can't do anything.

jhaqui

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
wind mobile has been down for me as well. is downgrading hard to do? i have a rogers lumia 920 but flashed i it with a french (FRA) dev release firmware a while back, updated to 8.1 black with no problems, but when cyan was released it cause network problems. are there any steps on how to do this downgrading? i've tried nokia recovery tool but it has an error on the file available, seems like the file for FRA is only 73% finished and it wont let me download the rest of it. any help would be appreciated. cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro