Icon gone crazy

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So my phone has basically gone crazy, earlier I was playing tenctacles entrer the mind and tho phone got super hot and the phantom touches began like crazy, i soft reset the phone and everything was normal until later I started using the phone again, and again got crazy hot and basically since then the phone is unusuable, i soft reset like a million times and nothing, still gone crazy, i even hard reset and the screen is practically crazy, the phantom touches are rendering the phone useless and they don't seem to stop and the phone starts getting hot in seconds with no use :angry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Try reverting back to 8. It helped with the phantom touches on my first Icon but didn't fix it completely. I ended up exchanging it at the MS store where I purchased it originally. I have MS Complete so I had to pay $50 for a new phone b/c, of course, the phone was fine when I went to the store. But the guy said they would replace it under the warranty if I brought it back when it was doing the phantom touches. I didn't want to deal with the hassle so I just paid the deductible and got a new phone. Anyway, not sure if the warranty is transferrable, especially if you don't have the original receipt, but a MS store is probably a better bet than a Verizon. Either way, you'll need to roll back first b/c the DP completely voids the warranty.

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So today I was playing fail hard and the phone got hot because of the use and the screen began with the phantom touches, so I'm starting to believe that the phantom touches are associated with the phone temperature, does anybody knows if that's the cause of the phantom touches???
Also since the 930 is basically the same phone, does it also suffers from the phantom touches??

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
so I'm starting to believe that the phantom touches are associated with the phone temperature, does anybody knows if that's the cause of the phantom touches???

Interesting idea. It happened to me mostly during or after using Here Drive, which is a battery drainer, and the phone mounted on the dashboard, in the sun. After few hard resets and reverts back to 8 didn't work, I decided it was a hardware issue and punted.

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I had some phantom touches today again after using it for some time, let it cool down and they dissapeared, so maybe that's a real posibility

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been having this issue now when playing Modern Combat 5. If the phone heats up all sorts of random phantom touches happen, and the phone will stop responding to my touch. I have to put the phone to sleep and then back on immediately and it works again. Sounds like a temperature thing, which sucks because I love using my Icon for gaming.

I was going to send it to Nokia but since you replaced yours and it still happens it sounds like it's just a problem we will have to live with. That sucks...

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
For me is a big possibility, every time it heats up the touches appear

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre