New Icon owner with a Windows 8 question

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am new to Windows phone as this is my 1st. So far I really like the Icon!

I did a lot of research before buying it and I also checked out a few other Windows phones on other carriers but I settled for the Icon due to it's specs, screen and size.

I've had the Icon on VZW for a week now and I am confused as to which version I should be on. When I check for updates it says my phone is up to date. My version is: Software Version 8.0 and OS Version 8.0.10521.155

Is this the most recent VZW update? I ask because in reading this forum I see people from months ago say they are on 8.1.

Also I've done a factory reset as I recently had a ton of Store updates. After doing the store updates my email (outlook) would no longer sync and I'd get an error code constantly. Since the reset and without the store updates, the email has been fine. Is there a store update I should avoid?

Thanks!

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.

I won't install the store updates again as something fishy is going on.

Phone worked great out of the box --> install updates from store --> email constantly failed to sync with error code 80072EFD.

Reset phone and everything worked great again --> install updates from store -> constant fail to sync email again with the same error code.

Factory reset again and everything is fine. I am showing the updates available in the store again but I am not going to update this time.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Are you talking about updates from the Windows Phone store or Verizon updates? Updating the apps that you have shouldn't be affecting your email that way. I'd probably delete my email account, do the updates and then re-add my email account.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Updates from the Windows Store. I don't think I've had any Verizon updates.

Right now the store is showing the following updates:

Nokia StoryTeller
Backup Assistant Plus
Here Maps
Nokia Cinemagraph
Storage Check
Creative Studio
Accessories
Touch
Audio
Call + SMS filter
Display
Extras + info

I can't delete the Microsoft account as there is no option for it. My outlook email is tied to it.

The phone is working great and I don't see the need to update these store app so I will just let them sit.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Not the Microsoft account, but the email account that's giving you trouble. If you don't want some of these apps just delete them that way the updates for them will stop showing up. But I'd think that you may some of the improvements that come to Display and Audio with the updates.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
When I log into the Microsoft account it automatically includes my outlook email. The last time, before doing the 2nd reset I unchecked the box under the Microsoft account to include email and made a separate email. Both would fail to sync after doing that.

There must be something in one of those updates causing the issue because as long as I don't do the store updates everything works and syncs fine..

Odd really since I appear to be the only person in the world with this issue. For now I won't bother with the store updates and will just wait for 8.1 to come along.

Last edited:

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Update.

Today I decided to run the store updates one by one and so far all is fine. The only other thing I did before hand was to delete my Onedrive backup and sync data.

I wonder if something there was causing an issue. I do have outlook syncing on my Surface Pro 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro