HTC One M8 for windows WI-FI Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gd3450

May 28, 2014
Visit site
For the last couple of days, whenever I go to work my HTC One M8 phone connects to the Wi-fi and after it "sleeps" for a while and I turn it on to access the internet the Wi-Fi connection is lost and no Wi-fi Networks show up. It's not until I shut the phone down and restart it before the phone shows the Wi-Fi networks and allows me to re-connect.
I already replaced the phone once at Verizon... I can't imagine 2 phones having the same hardware issue. This is probably software.. Can anyone confirm?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I don't think wifi is much of an issue on the M8. Now head over to the icon forum for a different story. Although I never had issue with mine. For the OP, you may not get much feedback because I don't think its an issue with the M8. Hard resets fix a.multitude of issues.tho.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
For the last couple of days, whenever I go to work my HTC One M8 phone connects to the Wi-fi and after it "sleeps" for a while and I turn it on to access the internet the Wi-Fi connection is lost and no Wi-fi Networks show up. It's not until I shut the phone down and restart it before the phone shows the Wi-Fi networks and allows me to re-connect.
I already replaced the phone once at Verizon... I can't imagine 2 phones having the same hardware issue. This is probably software.. Can anyone confirm?

So this topic went off course a bit, but it was mentioned by cbreze to try a hard reset (go to settings, About and the option is there). Hope that helps, but you will lose all information, sadly.

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not having these issues, but I've seen reference to a hard reset and losing everything.

What does 'everything' mean in this case? If it is just the things tied to your MS account, it should be a simple case of adding the account and waiting for sync to complete and then downloading the apps you buy.

Or is it more than that?

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having these issues, but I've seen reference to a hard reset and losing everything.

What does 'everything' mean in this case? If it is just the things tied to your MS account, it should be a simple case of adding the account and waiting for sync to complete and then downloading the apps you buy.

Or is it more than that?

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Na, you nailed it on the head. It's all the information tied to your Microsoft account. So apps, pictures, music - anything the phone didn't have when you first got it.

Which in today's world might just be considered everything.

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Na, you nailed it on the head. It's all the information tied to your Microsoft account. So apps, pictures, music - anything the phone didn't have when you first got it.

Which in today's world might just be considered everything.

Thanks. So for someone like me that is a die-hard OneDrive user, everything should just sync up as soon as I set the Outlook login/password as it did when I first got it.

Except apps of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99