Better shots at night (camera app for the htc one m8!)

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

So a lot of us are previous nokia owners and are used to the pro cams quality photos. I was disappointed with htc cameras quality out of the gate, grainy photos and its a bit buggy. Pro shot is great! Except for at night :| unfortunately a FW issue (more likely an 8.0 camera api vs 8.1 issue) makes the pro shot unable to be used at night because of AF and flash problems.

So i grabbed the source herE: Windows 8 Basic Lens sample in C# for Visual Studio 2012

And whipped up my own camera app specifically for night time photos.

It works pretty good!
See here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!ANFtfyl9zSVGdUY&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

Its pretty basic and i did what i could in like 3-4 hours (hack job).

So here is the XAP ! (you must be developer unlocked to side load)

Let me know if this helps you!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...8327&authkey=!AIsgdIsGDGQLfbw&ithint=file,xap

(if you open it as a lens sometimes it crashes)
Runs fine as an app alone.

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Im surprised no replies??! Did anyone get to try it aside from maevinj? (it does require developer unlocked device) If we are able to contact htc and give them feedback on their camera app, there is no reason why our m8's cant be just as capable as the lumia devices.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Im surprised no replies??! Did anyone get to try it aside from maevinj? (it does require developer unlocked device) If we are able to contact htc and give them feedback on their camera app, there is no reason why our m8's cant be just as capable as the lumia devices.

Sorry I didn't try it, as I haven't bought an M8 yes. But Kudos to you for doing this. If I do get an M8, I'm definitely going to try out your app.

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
This xap has to be deployed with the Windows Phone Deployment tool which comes with the windows phone 8.1 sdk. you cant side load it on an sd card.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
This xap has to be deployed with the Windows Phone Deployment tool which comes with the windows phone 8.1 sdk. you cant side load it on an sd card.

Probably should have explained that to folks beforehand ;)

xap files can be sideloaded from sdcard if properly signed.

Now where is my micro usb cable...

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Make sure the device is developer unlocked as well, this is really just for other people (many are developer unlocked to get the developer preview) to see that the software makes a diff for photos. Its by no means a consumer ready app, just a proof of concept. I have another thread which explains how to get into contact with HTC to give suggestions for improving their camera app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon