I'm thinking the 1320 is my next Phone...for my bad eye sight...

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 ( which is awesome as is ), however my poor old eyes are just not helping things. I have used the feature to add size to text/font, which helps with texts in message apps. However I am now finding I still have to get my reading glasses on to reply.

I don't think I need to go as hog wild on specs as I did when I got my 1020, thus I can live without the 1520 as I will have the 1020 camera as a back up and the 1320 as daily driver.

So what I am looking for is your thoughts on the 1320 for screen res, and if any of you switched from a smaller screen to the 6" beast because of poorer eye sight.

Also could some one post a screen grab of the SMS (with keyboard) or whatsapp ( also with keyboard), full res so I can compare with my 1020.

Many thanks in advance !!!!!

P.S. I know already I enjoy a larger size phone body, as I will be less likely to loose it....as I have had an HTC HD2...loved the size, an HTC Radar loved the phone but the size was a miss and now my 1020 which I love to death but I would like to upsize.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe the display is the same resolution as the 1020, just sized up to 6 inches, so i think you could just size up a 1020 screenshot. It's going to be sharp enough IMO though.
It has a meh camera, but otherwise its a solid sidegrade to the 920/1020.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Two images attached comparing 1320 to Samsung Ativ S. The Ativ has a 4.8" screen which is a little larger than the 1020. Hopefully this helps. To me it doesn't look like much of a difference on this screen in the images but overall it's a huge, and much better, difference with the 1320. And yes, the 1320 (and/or the 1520) are great for folks with not the greatest eyesight (me included).

PS: Sorry for the somewhat crappy pics (I should have cleaned the screens first and turned the overhead light off :)).

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 10

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Two images attached comparing 1320 to Samsung Ativ S. The Ativ has a 4.8" screen which is a little larger than the 1020. Hopefully this helps. To me it doesn't look like much of a difference on this screen in the images but overall it's a huge, and much better, difference with the 1320. And yes, the 1320 (and/or the 1520) are great for folks with not the greatest eyesight (me included).

PS: Sorry for the somewhat crappy pics (I should have cleaned the screens first and turned the overhead light off :)).

Thank you !!!!! The pictures are a great help!!!!!! I can see the keyboard looks more visible on the 1320 !!! In the Ease of access settings I can make the the text bigger but that only helps for reading. It does nothing to the keyboard.

Not to worry for the screen cleaning, as most days my screen looks the same from work, so it's a real life photo example :)

Thank you again !!!!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you !!!!! The pictures are a great help!!!!!! I can see the keyboard looks more visible on the 1320 !!! In the Ease of access settings I can make the the text bigger but that only helps for reading. It does nothing to the keyboard.

Not to worry for the screen cleaning, as most days my screen looks the same from work, so it's a real life photo example :)

Thank you again !!!!

Same reason I'm getting my father one too! :)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The 1320 is a wonderful phone. I have both the 1520 and the 1320, and other than the camera and overall feel of the phones in your hand, the phones are basically equals...to the average user. Of course you can get into the different specs, but as far as operating, they are both very fast. Plus, with the 1320, you can buy the different colored backings and change up the look of your phone whenever you want. Also, the screen is a lot brighter than the 1520's. Of course, the 1520 has way better resolution, but its screen is not as bright. If you pm me your email address, I can send you a side by side comparison of both screens...since I can't post pics from my phone.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
(. Also, the screen is a lot brighter than the 1520's. Of course, the 1520 has way better resolution, but its screen is not as bright. )

Are you updated to Cyan? Under display then brightness. What is your "high" brightness slider set to? This phone is unbelievably bright.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
(. Also, the screen is a lot brighter than the 1520's. Of course, the 1520 has way better resolution, but its screen is not as bright. )

Are you updated to Cyan? Under display then brightness. What is your "high" brightness slider set to? This phone is unbelievably bright.

Yep. Updated to Cyan and running screen on full brightness. Don't get me wrong, my 1520 is bright and beautiful. The 1320 is just brighter...not as beautiful. Whatever the 1320 lacks in screen resolution, it makes up for in screen brightness. But, in no way am I saying that the 1320's screen is better than the 1520's.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Adding a Nilkin tampered glass protector to the 1320 is a great way to protect the screen and to get rid of fingerprints. It has the oleophobic coating which reduces fingerprints. I got mine on Amazon and it works great.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
cd748e659a867fd650450397b0f6823e.jpg

Tada!!!! Me and dad!

Sent from iCeborg's iPad.

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
My eyesight isn't good and I find the 1320 really helps especially with apps that let you adjust text size (wish all did). I also had a 1520 and went back to the 1320 because I found the screen better. I can thoroughly recommend the 1350 if you have eyesight problems.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree.
For most things i don't need my readingglases.
For outside its also a great screen, but as any flat piece of glass its stil a mirrow ;-)
I am stil hoping for a real phablet.
Okay its a six inch, but it is just a big phone and not a phablet.
Phablets make more use of the screens, like samsung with there s-stylus and write and drawing options.
But only for reading and browsing its just a great phone, also i like the navigation better on larger screens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss