Kinda embarrassed

slickxsparkie

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So my friend was in the market to get a new phone, and I was raving about Windows phone (I've been a user since launch of the 920). Get changed plans to Verizon and I convinced him to get the Lumia icon. But it turns out, they don't have Windows 8.1! I have it on my 920 because of early developers preview. I tried to get him on developer but it now costs money to sign up. Anyone have any news for windows 8.1 or even cyan for Verizon Lumia icon? It seems like he's still on the Black update

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't cost money to sign up. The cost is only for dev accounts that can post apps to the store. I would try again to sign to the dev preview. Search wpcentral for a post on how to sign up and use the link in there.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
So my friend was in the market to get a new phone, and I was raving about Windows phone (I've been a user since launch of the 920). Get changed plans to Verizon and I convinced him to get the Lumia icon. But it turns out, they don't have Windows 8.1! I have it on my 920 because of early developers preview. I tried to get him on developer but it now costs money to sign up. Anyone have any news for windows 8.1 or even cyan for Verizon Lumia icon? It seems like he's still on the Black update

It doesn't cost money to sign up. Just sign up for an App Studio account. Refer to this article:http://m.windowscentral.com/how-sign-windows-phone-81-preview-developers

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Nothing to be embarrassed about!

I'm moving both of my parents to Icons sometime this week. I still need to set up their MS accounts and such too! Thanks to this thread I remembered!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss