Phantom Glass - wish they had this for the 1520

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Tempered Glass screen protectors have been around for awhile. They don't make them unless a model ships enough units.

1520 has TG options. I put one on my 925 and loved it. They apply so easy; fit, look and feel amazing. They are usually about 0.3mm thickness and actually multi-layered at that. Protection is outstanding in my short experience.

Amazon.com: tempered glass screen protector lumia 1520

​I'll be adding one to my newly purchased 1520 very soon.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger on this one: USA Nokia Lumia 1520 Bandit Premium Tempered Glass LCD Screen Protector Guard | eBay

Reasons; price + ships from the US. You can get 'em cheaper from China/Hong Kong and wait forever. Also, it looks like it doesn't have a curved bottom portion that I've been seeing on some. (They curve in towards the back and search buttons giving an odd taper to the lower end...)

I'll update more when it comes in and gets applied.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one from eBay, that one didnt work very well. On the edges of the protector, it looked like it didnt touch 100% the screen. Almost like the protector would be little bent. I took it off, but haven't contacted the seller yet.

I have pictures I can post later.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I ordered one from eBay, that one didnt work very well. On the edges of the protector, it looked like it didnt touch 100% the screen. Almost like the protector would be little bent. I took it off, but haven't contacted the seller yet.

I have pictures I can post later.

Yup, heard of some cases of that due to the curved screen.

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Whats funny is at one point they listed the 1520. I couldnt find where to buy so I emailed their support, asking about it. Got no answer and it's been at least 3 weeks.

So yeah, wouldnt be getting one from them even if it was available because of possibly bad customer service.

flatronics

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I bought 2pcs from this seller, and yes it does not touches the screen 100%. The edge were lifted. They promise to give me a full refund but I havent heard from them since then.
I went with this Real Tempered Glass Toughened Clear Screen Protector Guard for Nokia Lumia 1520 | eBay
Lots of info and seller seems trustworthy.
Must arrived at the post office already, but I haven't gone to collect it because I haven't received my phone yet but will go collect both of them next tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos