Very Disappointing. What happened with the phone?

sup3r1or

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone.

Had the phone for a full month now. Decided to share my experience. First week I got the phone I was over the moon, i set it up at the shop updated here in Thailand they already come with WP 8.1 pre-installed at Nokia Shops. Anyway, everything apart from battery and occasional signal problems was working great, however notification for a good chunk of apps were not working.

After 2 weeks I decided to do factory reset and start from scratch, now here is where all the crap started to happen.

1. Wireless charging yet again after exchanging plates seems to work and dont work without any warning.

2. Upon unlocking screen I get greeted by LOADING for 1-2 minutes without any apps in the background. Now this doesn't happen every time but it is very annoying.

3. Battery is much better after factory reset and notification work finally.

4. My back cover near shutter button started to stick out and makes clicking noise when pressing it with finger.

5. SIGNAL is just atrocious!!!! THe closest tower is located 5 mins from my house. When I use phone it goes all over the place!!! from H+ to E to 1 bar to no signal. Most of the time it will drop on EDGE and no load anything no pages no notifications. I have my wifes iphone 5 on hand and Samsung S2 with the same sims and same network all of them are on H+ 4-5 bars all the time. This is by far the most annoying thing as I cant check anything online!!!

Anyone knows of any fixes for this? Very pissed off

Hristo Todorov 1987

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi man, I've the same problem like you.... I'm Very very disappointed from my Nokia Lumia 1520.... I'm using only month ago but.... I'd they repair the problem I'll switch to note 3/note 4. My probes are: Overheating, lost signal ( on my other phone Samsung S3 shows 3G, on my 1520 "E" with the same card, same position). Smt waiting 1-2 minutes to open some games or apps....

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys using Cyan? Or still on Black? I've had the resuming/loading issues and signal problems when I was using Black/DP but since I updated to Cyan, none of it happened ever again.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the signal, I will admit that it is really terrible. I think carriers don't care much about Windows Phones, so signals don't work pretty well.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I am on Rogers in Canada and although calls are very clear and I have no actual reception problem the reception indicator sure shows the opposite. Constant fluctuations up and down and sometimes 1bar, sometimes full, very strange. Hopefully software related and not an actual hardware issue, really don't feel like sending this phone back to Nokia........

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Regarding the signal, I will admit that it is really terrible. I think carriers don't care much about Windows Phones, so signals don't work pretty well.

What the hell has the carriers and Windows phones got to do with signal strength??

I presume you also carry a tin foil hat around with you as well?

I despair of some of the people on this forum. They think they know what they're talking about but in reality they haven't got a clue. Get back to school, get an education, switch off your computer and get a social life.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
What the hell has the carriers and Windows phones got to do with signal strength??

I presume you also carry a tin foil hat around with you as well?

I despair of some of the people on this forum. They think they know what they're talking about but in reality they haven't got a clue. Get back to school, get an education, switch off your computer and get a social life.

Got it in one!!!! Nice one, mate.... I agree....

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

LOL... either that or the signals are being racist towards Windows Phones.
Lets Stand Together For Equality Towards Windows Phones !!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Honestly, sounds like you just got a bad phone. Not every phone will be perfect. They're amazingly complex pieces of machinery, even the cheapest smartphone is more powerful nowadays than a laptops were years ago. Two phones-exact same model, even exact same color-built in the same factory; one works fine and lasts the buyer years. The second one dies within a month. Why? Because of some tiny fault in the building. With how many phones there is, it's bound to happen.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Its a common thing to have some phones simply not make it out of production. Most phones do well but every now and again, you'll get a bad one. It happens. We hate it but its an unfortunate by-product of mass production and all platforms suffer from it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes