Hi, I Lost My 920...

imbasaurus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, as i said in the title, i lost my Lumia 920, actually it was stolen, but this thread will actually be a question regarding paid windows phone apps/games and if ever i can recover it if i got a new/different windows phone.

i live in the Philippines, we still get our phones stolen here.

a little story :

i was about to board our local MRT train, it was about rush hour so the train was kinda full,
just as i was to board the train, 4 guys surrounded me, one guy from my right started pushing me without any reaction, at first i was like WTF are you doing!? since i was listening to my earphones that time, the sound suddenly got cut off. i saw my earphone cable dangling now and i saw a hand taking my Lumia 920, and then 2 of the four guys suddenly talked to me as to what happened. they even asked to check their bag to let me see that the phone is not on them. i got down at a station i use to go down to then i saw them meet up at a spot in the station and then rode another train northbound. it was sad, and it happened a week before my birthday.

so, let's cut to the chase, i am rocking with a nokia 1616 for the meantime while saving up for a lumia 630 at the least, i am now thinking of the apps i bought, hopefully someone can answer me with these :)

sorry for the TL;DR story. :eek:rly:

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm so sorry man, that sucks. I hope you deactivated the phone with the "Find My Phone" tool on the Windows Phone website!

And yes, if you still have the Microsoft account that you used to purchase apps on your stolen phone, you can redownload them for free. For example, if you bought the WPC app on your old phone, go to your new phone, click "Buy" for WPC, and it would say you have bought it already, and if you want to download it again for free.

Sorry about your phone, but I hope I helped!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon