Unlocked Verizon 8x MMS troubles on AT&T

Joe Peterson

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
So I just switched from Sprint to AT&T service and thought I would give W8 a try. I bought a new unlocked 8x off Amazon. Its a Verizon branded phone and it works on AT&T except for MMS messages. I can't send or receive them. I adjusted the settings, turned the phone off and back on, reset the phone, even went into AT&T and got to 'Level 2' of their tech support, so I know its a serious issue. The tech folks at AT&T said its a hardware issue with the phone and I should get a new one, but I don't think that's 100% true. Has anyone else had this problem or found a solution to it? I get quite a few group messages and I cannot see any. It just says 'Get Media Content Now 1KB' and when I click it, it goes to the 'Getting media content' then back to 'Get media content now'. I've tried everything and I would rather not have to get another phone.

Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You did configure APN settings right?

Well, VZW Windows Phones have had a history of not getting MMS properly with AT&T at least...

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes I experienced the same thing with a Verizon icon on at&t I got as far as being able to send mms but not receive any this was a deal breaker, anyone considering buying an unsupported windows phone for at&t should never buy a Verizon branded phone, this mms problem has not been solved and im a power user I've configured several international and even T-Mobile phones successfully for at&t

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss