925 or 635?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
My 925 got stolen just wanted to get a second opinion. I could either wait and pay 100 for a replacement 925 that has to be shipped and what not. or I can get 635 for 130 at the store. I need a phone I don't wanna use my upgrade and I don't know if the 635 is worth it. I really just need something to hold me over until the m8 comes to T-Mobile or the 830... How's the performance of the 635 and how's the camera not having ff one sucks but I could manage. Does it take good night shots? I'm kinda of a power user so the how's battery?

Thanks for reading hoping for some advice haha

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
If you're okay with the screen resolution, is a great phone. Battery is really good from the week or so that isn't I've had it.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

travislicious

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Isn't the easy answer to get another 925? Yeah shipping is a pain, but I thought that is supposed to be the better phone in most ways no?

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
The battery life is amazing on this little phone.

I enjoy the simplicity and I even say to myself I cant believe it was only $99 off contract everytime I use it. I think you will be satisfied with it.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If you're not going to be making any serious pictures (I.e. Low light conditions, moving objects, Skype chat, etc.) you should be fine. Me personally I would get another 925 because it's a solid, smooth phone on 8.1. However, since cyan is not yet available for the 925 & if you're used to 8.1 w/o going through the process of the developers preview, I would go with the 635. Just my cents

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feed back I think I'm getting the 635 having 8.1 already installed should be nice. Not to mention having a new phone in general a new feel for the ui with the software keys.

Hows multitasking I like to play music, surf the web and go through different apps at the same time. I app switch a lot.

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hows multitasking I like to play music, surf the web and go through different apps at the same time. I app switch a lot.

I have had no issue whatsoever as I switch between IE, GPS,and Cortana a lot. It is impressive how fluid this device is where I previously owned a Note 3 who touted multi tasking and I had plenty of lag with that device.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the device and I'm very impressed! Everything is smooth and fluid now I just have one last question how's the dev preview on this device?

JREwing

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
My wife just got a 635. She says the battery life is fantastic. In fact, she has never had a device with as good of battery life. Highly recommended.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Today I go back to work so I'll be able to test the battery out. My 925 wasn't as smooth or fast... The dev preview really took a toll on that phone. But wow I did not expect this type of performance from a low end device the ram hasn't effected anything really just adds a sec of loading time. Now I just need a green shell and a SD card an I'm set! Any recommendations? What SD card works best?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Today I go back to work so I'll be able to test the battery out. My 925 wasn't as smooth or fast... The dev preview really took a toll on that phone. But wow I did not expect this type of performance from a low end device the ram hasn't effected anything really just adds a sec of loading time. Now I just need a green shell and a SD card an I'm set! Any recommendations? What SD card works best?

I think mine is a SanDisk. It's the one that has the yellow banner on Amazon as a top sold product. Works great!

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Based purely on battery life I would get a 635. My old 925 was abysmal for battery life. I couldn't do that again.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Camera isn't half bad. I recommend the new selfie app it works. Point the main camera at your face and it'll beep when you or multiple people are centered perfectly, it uses sounds to let you know when its taking a picture.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Camera isn't half bad. I recommend the new selfie app it works. Point the main camera at your face and it'll beep when you or multiple people are centered perfectly, it uses sounds to let you know when its taking a picture.

Ya I also use selfie app on lumia 820 which has worst ffc but this app use rear camera to take pictures which are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923