UK EE lumia 920 wp8.1 update

totoro0106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So... 5 days later it will be a month since Vodafone and O2 released wp8.1 OTA update for lumia 920. But still, EE's wp8.1 update for the same model of phone is still in the "under testing" progress :eck:
This man who's even not living in UK, unfortunately bought a country variant lumia 920 with its carrier being "everything everywhere", has used up his life quota of patience after go through the waiting for amber, black, cyan and wp8.1
How long do we still need to wait ?
Anyone out there got the worst version of country variant lumia 920 like i do and flashed their phone?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
EE are terrible after a device has been available for over a year for updates. Pretty sure they hold updates back to force people to a new upgrade and contract.
Had the same problem with a WP7 device a few years ago with them. Ever since then I've always gone sim free.

Real_Robertson

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
It's just a joke, they were the first to get the 920 and they were the first to abandon it. I think we'll be lucky if we have it before october, ot was the same with the lumia black update. I just want cyan so I can back up the phone which will enable me to move everything on to a new wp device on a new network!

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
They're the Michael Bay of the UK networks. Big expensive adverts, biggest network, good exclusives, lots of choice, but when you really look at it and value for money, not that great.

How much stuff have you got to back up? Personally I like starting again from scratch, but I know that's not everybody's preference.

hovesteve

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
EE announced yesterday that they had finished their testing, and they have set it back to Nokia/Microsoft for final approval.

How long after final approval are updates normally released?

Real_Robertson

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure of the exact timescale but I would think if that's the case it should be in the next 7-10 days ( though it's just a guess).

It's really the apps, settings and start screen, I've got all my photos and such stored on my pc anyway, but I like how I've got my phone configured and if I can transfer that over it would make things a bit easier.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I have WP 8.1 DP on a 920 from EE, will I need to downgrade to 8 before I install Cyan, or will I be able to do it without going through that extra step?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I have WP 8.1 DP on a 920 from EE, will I need to downgrade to 8 before I install Cyan, or will I be able to do it without going through that extra step?

It's been discussed countless times on this site and forum. If you're on DP you will not get Cyan even if your network is rolling it out.
Either downgrade to 8 or wait for the Bit Locker fix.
On a 920 you're not missing anything in waiting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon