Restore folders and apps to my replacement 1520

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Tonight I went to the local Microsoft Store and got a replacement for my Lumia 1520 because the camera was having issues. Before handing in my old phone, I made sure to do a backup through settings for Apps and Settings. Upon starting my new phone up, I went and looked at the backups that were available. The last backup for the 1520 was from April, even though I had made sure to backup apps and settings right before handing in the old phone. I restored that backup as it was the only one available. I then installed all the updates until it installed Cyan. After Cyan was installed I went to backup and then apps and settings and then clicked manage backups. None of my backups showed, and none of my apps that I had backed up were available or at least they were not showing. I thought at least all my apps would come back down, but they haven't. Am I missing something? I did have the Dev preview on my old phone which had the newer update after Cyan on it. Does that have anything to do with my apps and settings not being available to restore to the new phone? Also do folders restore properly at all with this type of backup and restore? I had a bunch of apps in a bunch of folders and now they are gone. Had my phone setup perfectly and want it back that way if at all possible without having to manually do it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
In addition, I should also mention I had a 64GB SD card that had a bunch of apps installed on it. Can I restore the apps from that SD card somehow?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb