Lumia 925 acting strange!

VishKi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

My Lumia 925 seems to act strange. It just starts to click a Tile on its own, tries to type a message on its own when am on WhatsApp or Messaging. It just doesn't let me do anything. Its kind of irritating me. I reset my phone once, but the problem still persists.

I don't know if its cos of the Cyan update.

Any help on why this behavior?

Its a new phone that i bought (AT&T unlocked) which i upgraded to Cyan.

Thanks!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The Cyan update wouldn't cause this kind of problem. It sounds like your phone is being controlled by a ghost who enjoys tormenting you. :winktongue: Seriously, though, I don't know why this sort of thing would happen. So, a reset really didn't help? That's crazy!

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I am also experiencing the same thing on my Lumia 520,yes I do use a screen protector from the day I purchased the mobile this has started happening post cyan and GDR 1 update,infact I had put a question also but nobody answered

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I had apps on my sdcard which I have removed now only WhatsApp and Nokia express browser is on the phone,I read long time back on wpcentral that one of the users faced similar issue but now don't remember the post header it was almost 8 months back

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure the screen sensitivity isn't set to High? Not an expert but that might cause screen to trigger with something slight.

Although something like this happened to a friend of mine who has a 720. He went to the Nokia Care center and they replaced the display panel for him, and now it's all fine. I don't really know if you're facing the same issue.

VishKi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
The Cyan update wouldn't cause this kind of problem. It sounds like your phone is being controlled by a ghost who enjoys tormenting you. :winktongue: Seriously, though, I don't know why this sort of thing would happen. So, a reset really didn't help? That's crazy!

Do you use a screen protector? If so, have you tried removing it?

Are you sure the screen sensitivity isn't set to High? Not an expert but that might cause screen to trigger with something slight.

Although something like this happened to a friend of mine who has a 720. He went to the Nokia Care center and they replaced the display panel for him, and now it's all fine. I don't really know if you're facing the same issue.

@metalchick719: I did a reset from phone, a restore through the Software Recovery tool, but still of no help (And yes its not cos of the Cyan update). It just randomly keeps clicking on the tiles, does stuff on its own.

@Ordeith: I use a screen protector, but dont know how that can be an issue. One thing that i observed was, when i opened the box, the phone came with a (default) screen protector & thats when the problem started. Probably i can give it a try removing the screen protector that i have put.

@KhawarNadeem: I set the sensitivity to Normal, but still of no help, it starts to click on tiles randomly

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
@vishki could this bcoz of gdr1 may not affected by cyan and as I said earlier the only thing I did which I normally dont was to connect the phone to PC,

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
@khawarnad Nokia care centre is the Las place I will go recently I asked to update to cyan and they updated to amber not even black and said they don't have cyan software,also they will never find a solution they will just replace the original unit with other

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone has a solution to this?it's really irritating to get up in the morning to check the emails on the phone and see that's it's shaking and have to wait for 10 minutes before it stops and doesn't happen all day again

VishKi

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I removed the screen guard & the problem still persists (even setting the touch to normal didn't help). I didn't want to take any risk, so i returned the phone back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel