Nokia phones are missing the option to turn off wifi when screen locks on 8.1.

Paul Boland

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
To Nokia/Microsoft:

Since updating my Windows Phone to 8.1, the option in Manage WiFi which gave you a tick box to keep the wifi on when the phone screen turned off, is missing. For people who want to keep the wifi on, they are fine because the wifi IS on. But this is draining the battery faster having the wifi on all the time and with that check box missing there is no way to turn this option off.

There are a number of threads on this topic, and it seems to be only affecting Nokia phones, so it would seem to be a firmware update is needed on Nokia phones to sort this out.

Can we please get this fixed A.S.A.P. as since updating to Windows Phone 8.1 my battery life is being drained faster because the wifi is always on even when the phone screen is off and there is no need for the wifi to be on for me. I would like to have that option back and only having my wifi on when my screen is on.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder about all the people who think that "forums.wpcentral.com" somehow equates to "hotline to Microsoft and Nokia for open letters".

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As a matter of fact, a constantly enabled WiFi connection does not drain your battery faster than one that's being switched on when needed. The opposite is the case.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
You really DON'T want that option. Keeping WiFi on will actually help reduce battery drain. It's like turning a light on and off. Having systems or circuits boot up constantly eats power. Leaving them on actually saves it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism