Hi. Joining the 1520 family.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, im joining the phablet family with a Yellow 32GB and 128 sd. Recently ordered it and im having "new phone frustration" already. We all know it, you buy a new phone and it starts acting up. Happened so many times now so I'm almost expecting my 1520 to be broken on arrival tomorrow. Trying to get some sleep but I'm already worked up. Oh my how I hope this change from 1020 to 1520 will go smooth.
Maybe some fellow 1520 owners can soothe me with some data in currently not sure about. Does the EU version (I live in Sweden) have wireless charging or not? And last question, SensorCore, what apps except Bing works with it? Endomondo? Sports Tracker? These too are in Swedish so would be great if there was some use for SensorCore, even if I expect exercise with a 1520 is ... a challenge :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! Only the AT&T US version lacks wireless charging, so you should be OK, unless you're sold an AT&T branded model.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have recently picked up the international version of my Lumia 1520 over here in Germany so I'm happy to confirm to you that it does feature Wireless charging.

As for SensorCore I unfortunately don't know. Guess you will figure that one out yourself rather quickly tomorrow ;-)

EDIT: It says Lumia 1520.1 on my packaging.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Won't do much for the screen, but will protect everything else
When i shop for cases I dont care much for everything else especially considering it has a matte finish. Screen is number one priority.
Seen the stories of shattered screen in the forums, its isn't funny at all. Fixing screens (and digitizer) costs almost as much as some high-end phones.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Nice! Same here. receiving mine in a few hours time. I should go to bed also and help time skip faster ^_^
L1520 white international version here.

Already got this case
Mpero Impact x Series Kickstand Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 Teal Chevron | eBay

And getting this screen protector hopefully tomorrow. Time of arrival was set between Wednesday, Aug. 20 - Monday, Sept. 15 and I havent gone to check yet
Real Tempered Glass Toughened Clear Screen Protector Guard for Nokia Lumia 1520 | eBay

Keep us posted on how you like it.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When i shop for cases I dont care much for everything else especially considering it has a matte finish. Screen is number one priority.
Seen the stories of shattered screen in the forums, its isn't funny at all. Fixing screens (and digitizer) costs almost as much as some high-end phones.

Yeah. I see what you're saying, but I've seen a lot of people who simply want the bare minimum for cases. Just thought I'd throw out a suggestion. :)
I hope that you enjoy your new phone. It's a great device.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Scienceguy Labs;2746828]If you are looking for good cases for your new 1520, I highly recommend these Nillkin cases. Won't do much for the screen, but will protect everything else, and they are very slim.

Aha, been looking at The Nillkin cases and wondering. Thanx for the tip. Less then an hour left before I pick it up. So exited.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's a day later and after much configuration it's up and running. Gonne test it now to see how I like it but my 1020 feels puny already. The screen on the 1020 is somewhat nicer in certain situations and the 1520 is nice when reading and looking at pics, typical LCD behavior I say. The 128 card seems somewhat slow and I feel the biggest speed improvements are when I take photos. Yeeez it's fast at that. I'm so used to the slow camera performance of the 1020 I keep taking dual shoots 😊. The extra storage space and the sheer size of the screen is the bonus so far + the fast camera. But I quickly noticed that the 1520 camera is no 1020. Will see how I goes, so far I like the phone and no hickups yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes