Lets talk it out, Lumia 1520's battery how do YOU charge it.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 1520 features a top notch battery clocking an impressive 3400Mah, it manages to provide an amazing standby times and appreciated usage times for a screen of a 6" size.

My experience with charging.
WP8.1 supposedly enabled a feature called Quick Charge 2.0 (By Snapdragon), I erroneously thought that it'll just charge faster* after the update regardless of input, I was WRONG, I also was wrong again when I tried to connect the phone to a 2.1amp charger, It started charging but then stopped in few minutes, then I noticed a rapid discharging and heating up, lets just say I was scared out of trying it again.

I tried then to find a Quick Charge 2.0 charger, it wasn't as easy of a quest as you would've imagined, most of the results seemed theoretical or fake so I gave up.

I already bricked my phone's charging port once because I used a Samsung charger (DO NOT RECOMMEND), I hate 1.0a chargers because they're extremely slow, I don't not enjoy wireless charging because they generate heat which is like torturing your batteries and charging them all at the same time while being SLOWWW. (heat is an enemy to most smartphone batteries), I hate car battery chargers because they're also slow and can get interrupted a lot when you're in the city.

I cannot afford to buy another Nokia charger (which is fast but gives out an odd 1.5a) an output I've never seen on any other 3rd party charger.
Nokia Universal Fast USB Charger - Overview - Nokia - UK
Another accessory of Nokia that charges my Lumia 1520 fast is the DC-19 which also gives the unique 1.2a output!
Nokia Universal Portable USB Charger - Nokia - UK

So how about YOU, what's your experience charging the beasty 1520? are you satisfied with your charging times? what do you use at home, office and car? Which power bank worked well for you.

* If your phone charges faster after the WP8.1 update, its possibly because A. You have less background apps running now, B. WP8.1 consumes less power

P.S
If you ever found your self in a hurry to charge your phone, put it in Airplane mode it'll charge almost twice as fast.
Battery Saver (always on) mode is annoying but it also the right mode to use when you'll know that you wont be able to get to a charger soon.

Thanks for reading (here's hoping this gets featured on the site :D)

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I try to charge via a PC's USB because the USB from the PC delivers 5 volts +/- 10% at 0.5 Amps.
The lower the amperage, the longer it takes to recharge, but the less the battery heats up, the less likely explosion, and the longer the overall longevity of the battery in years.

Normally, I recharge at 5V +/- 10% @ 1 Amp because it's nice and quick.

I try to avoid 5V +/- 10% @ 2 Amps because it really heats up, and the overall longevity of the battery in years is shortened...

rpac78

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I actually bought a BlackBerry charger which charges at 1.8 amps and at it's peak, my phone charges something like 40% an hour. I can get a full charge from 20% in a couple of hours. Never had the battery heat up though and I noticed that the 1520 controls the rate of charging: in the start of charging it's something like 16% an hour and then bumps up to 40% an hour as time goes on.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I rarely get concerned about battery charging. I have a usb car charger in my car, a spare one for when we're in my wife's car, wall chargers for home and the office and several spares for travel, and various power sources.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually bought a BlackBerry charger which charges at 1.8 amps and at it's peak, my phone charges something like 40% an hour. I can get a full charge from 20% in a couple of hours. Never had the battery heat up though and I noticed that the 1520 controls the rate of charging: in the start of charging it's something like 16% an hour and then bumps up to 40% an hour as time goes on.
I'll have to try that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077