Seeing Alot Of 635s Out There

13Elves

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
As an Android dev I'm always checking out the phones around me and prior to the 635 launch I saw exactly one Windows Phone (a Win 7 device way back in 2012) and the ironically named Surface tablet (cause u never see them); today however I saw 3 WPs in the wild!

One was a white model with the Nokia logo on back very bold, unlike the 635 where it is a gray color. The owner didn't speak much English so she couldn't tell me the model of her phone but she was beaming and did say her brother also has one.

I saw 3 more all of the green, glossy color which makes me think they were the ATT Go Phone models. All owners seemed to really enjoy their phones but apps ofc were still an issue.

The main drawing point is price. You get a high quality OS (though with its attendant bugs and quirks) for very cheap. An Android equivalent you would get a force closing mess that itself would suffer app issues as it wouldn't have the memory or power to run most apps (I'm talking about the $120 and below price point).

My reactivated 635 was a glass breaker and all owners remarked favorably on the improvements of 8.1.

Last edited:

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Yah, its a very popular device due to its price point.

My brother/sister each got one. My Uncle got one, my best friend got one, my other friend's sister got one, and now, ironically, I have one, because I just broke the screen AGAIN on my 1520 so I am done with that giant.

I should be given some commission from Nokia!

drew4691

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I just picked one up off the microsoft store for $99. It came as an ATT go phone, which I used my straight talk sim card (att version), and once I figured out the MMS settings, this is a pretty neat little phone. 8.1 is nice, I use the wordflow keyboard (ala swype) for much faster messaging than my iphone.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope to see a lot more Windows Phones out there so that market share will increase, and developers are more apt to create apps. Sadly, I just don't see lot of Windows Phones. It's all iPhones. In the last couple of years, I can count on both hands the number of Windows Phones I've seen. I've seen a Surface Pro exactly one time.

js8229

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I got one at Fry's this week for $79 (ATT Go Phone) and honestly it's a very nice device. I regularly use my 1020 and 1520, but thought I'd take this one and see how it did on my next week long trip out of town. Happy to report it's working great, and I don't have really any issues with it so far at all; not got all the bells and whistles the others do but for the price it's a great option.

Oh-- and just as soon as I bought one, I saw someone using a white one which I just assumed was a VZ model, but could have easily been ATT with a white back on it. And I never see WP out there in public either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs