I don't play games - Could the Lumia 830/SD400 still cut the mustard coming from a 920?

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've got a L920 and occasionally play games on it. Usually solitaire and freecell etc.

As long as it can do these without overheating and dying like my 920 does, I'll be happy

Microsoft solitaire is the only game that overheats my phone and drains the battery on the 920. I think there is something wrong with the game, not the phone.

mijacs

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
In regards to web browsing performance.
Can you elaborate?

Sure. We are led to believe that it should have similar performance as the l630/635. If so then you can try it out now and the benchmarks will be valid as well.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/08/htc-one-m8-for-windows-crazy-name-great-phone/2/
In the link above they compare a few phones with the standard web benchmarks and you can note where the l920 vs l630 stand.

Also the l635 that I have tried is slower for browsing. That is coming from a l810 user.

AlexFlorin

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
In regards to web browsing performance.

Sure. We are led to believe that it should have similar performance as the l630/635. If so then you can try it out now and the benchmarks will be valid as well.

HTC One (M8) for Windows: Crazy name, great phone | Ars Technica
In the link above they compare a few phones with the standard web benchmarks and you can note where the l920 vs l630 stand.

Also the l635 that I have tried is slower for browsing. That is coming from a l810 user.
With more ram the performance will definitely bi higher than 630/635

The Lard

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
With more ram the performance will definitely bi higher than 630/635

Hope so, if 830 performance is on a par with 630 then that Sunspider chart makes for pretty depressing reading. Can't be doing with going to a slower web browsing experience.

Off-topic slightly - anybody else finding WPCentral mobile site running like a dog at the mo? Don't use it generally but sometimes have to hit it to open a video link or whatever and it's painful. Guess it's just kinks to iron out post-refurb.

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Sam, you've been pretty active on the boards today and made some valid points around graphical performance of the S400 and S600/800 which is clearly a major issue for you as a phone gamer but I've got to be honest, the increasingly snidey comments aren't helping your cause. People are allowed to disagree and have opinions that differ from yours, you're not going to win them over to your way of thinking via aggression.

I totally disagree with you.. Sam here is enlighting people who come up with dumb questions and stupid answers. Good job Sam.. I think the guy is jealous. Keep up the great work brother.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Off-topic slightly - anybody else finding WPCentral mobile site running like a dog at the mo? Don't use it generally but sometimes have to hit it to open a video link or whatever and it's painful. Guess it's just kinks to iron out post-refurb.

I was thinking the same thing too. ESP since the new web design, the site is slow and becoming more tedious to operate. Thoughts Daniel?

brooza664

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft solitaire is the only game that overheats my phone and drains the battery on the 920. I think there is something wrong with the game, not the phone.

I also have problems with Nokia Drive. Although I've not tried it since I wiped the phone and upgraded to 8.1

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if they are both using 3G for that test?

If the 1020 is on 4G that could explain why its faster when it opens apps using data.

Parazels

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Nokia 830 Antutu. And Nokia 630 as well.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bp1P9GQjrzE

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
630 is not the same as the 830. The 1gb ram helps a lot you know. It doesn't bottleneck the power of the 400. Just look at what the moto G can do. Now imagine that kind of power on WP. 1.2x4= 4.8Ghz. 1.5x2=3Ghz. And if I'm not mistaken the adreno 305>adreno 220/225. And since they both have 1gb ram too. There is nothing wrong with the 830 lol. You get a micro sd card slot and a faster CPU and better GPU. You also get a bigger screen. Why doesn't it cut the mustard? Even the camera is improved.

sr1030nx

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
630 is not the same as the 830. The 1gb ram helps a lot you know. It doesn't bottleneck the power of the 400. Just look at what the moto G can do. Now imagine that kind of power on WP. 1.2x4= 4.8Ghz. 1.5x2=3Ghz. And if I'm not mistaken the adreno 305>adreno 220/225. And since they both have 1gb ram too. There is nothing wrong with the 830 lol. You get a micro sd card slot and a faster CPU and better GPU. You also get a bigger screen. Why doesn't it cut the mustard? Even the camera is improved.

Processor"s don't work like that, there are architectural differences, and a large number of apps can't use multiple cores at once or efficiently.

For now clock speed is more important than more cores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb