Still no 920 successor for AT&T!

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Really, this is getting shameful. MS has to recognize that not everyone needs a phablet, which their latest releases clearly do, yet for those original WP8 customers on AT&T, there are no true high end phones to choose from pretty than the 1520! If AT&T would just carry the 930, all would be well but these carrier exclusives are TERRIBLE for WP market share in the states. I'm about ready to tell my wife to just wait for the new iPhone. Gag.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am hoping that the 830 and 735 will make their way to ATT but it maybe a while. I think that ATT is soon if not already going to be taking pre orders for the HTC One for Windows. Its been announced that its coming to both ATT and TMo. It looks like a very good phone. I'm going to play with it at my local ATT store when it arrives. It's a bit smaller than the 1520 . It's the same size screen wise as the Iphone 6 5.5 phablet. The 735 and830 are looking pretty good I have only had the 1520 for about 4 months now and I'm used to the size and rather like it now..

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, I am personally still thrilled with my 1520--probably will never go back to a smaller phone. But it's too big for some people and my wife's 920 is old and has lots of issues now (probably from her dropping it every 10 minutes). An 830 is probably still an upgrade over the 920, but I'm not 100% sure of that. The HTC One M8 isn't a bad option, but she wants Lumia camera tech, so I'm not sure if the HTC camera will cut it. The 930 would be ideal, if only AT&T would start carrying it...

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If MS wants Lumia phones to succeed, they need to grab the high end market. The trickle down effect works, have the latest and greatest expensive phones on each carrier, and it becomes a status symbol. The 830 is a good phone, but where is the higher end Windows Phone? Sad :(

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was so hopeful when I heard about the McLaren, but of course they just had to kill it. At this pace I might consider moving to Android :-/

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
In my personal opinion, the 920 is a REALLY SOLID phone. With the fact that Cyan is now rolling out for it, I may just consider grabbing a new one for like 200 bucks off contract as a spare. No other phone has really matched this beast in reliability for me.

Still, the 930 for ATT would have been greatly appreciated but it seems the US is getting neglected and whatever lands in the US goes to Verizon.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
The 920 is certainly a beast and a GREAT phone, but it will only be supported for so long. I am miffed how AT&T considered a premier windows phone partner has not released a windows phone AT ALL this year.

In my personal opinion, the 920 is a REALLY SOLID phone. With the fact that Cyan is now rolling out for it, I may just consider grabbing a new one for like 200 bucks off contract as a spare. No other phone has really matched this beast in reliability for me.

Still, the 930 for ATT would have been greatly appreciated but it seems the US is getting neglected and whatever lands in the US goes to Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos