Do you have an HTC One M8 for windows that doesn't have a problem?

OwlMind

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm leaning toward getting an HTC One for windows phone at the end of the month, but am concerned about all the postings I see about self-rebooting problems. I also understand that forums tend to draw people looking for solutions to problems and that people who are satisfied tend to post less often. So - that said - I am wondering if there are people here who actually use this phone without problem. Thanks for your input.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Same here. No reboots, however I have always rebooted my phones every morning. Fresh start on each day. Not sure if that helps the phone as much as it helps me. ;)

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Mine is running like butter.. Love the device and love the interface... I do wish I had ordered the gray or green dot case instead of the "purple" one that is really more pink than purple, but hey, it's a head turner!

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
One of the most stable phones I've had. No reboot issues, Wi-Fi works great and the battery life is outstanding.

Looking forward to getting Cyan on my Icon to see if it is as stable.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Keep in mind 95% of people posting are complaining about something. I am sure the vast majority of M8s run without issue. I love mine and have no problems.

MSfiend

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No random reboots but, the dot case freezes up my screen from time to time; I just double tap the power button to resolve that issue. Once in awhile my user interface will zoom in and I am unable to zoom out, the double tap usually fixes this issue but, I did have to power it down once to resolve the issue.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had no problems with mine. Had it for about 2 weeks now. The only reboot it has done is the ones I do manually. Last time I rebooted though was about 5 days ago. Runs so smooth.

rightisray

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
To echo what everyone else is saying, no reboots or any other issues. I haven't done anything to the phone except use the hell out of it and still get almost 18 hours of battery life. I plug it in at night with about 28% left on it. Did I mention I use the hell out of it, on ships where it is straining to get a signal.

nateinc

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Only reboots I've had are from random app crashes that restart the device. Tweetium is the biggest offender but its still vary rare for me. No random reboots otherwise. Switched from an Icon and the battery is awesome. Biggest complaint I have is that I can't see the screen with polarized sunglasses on... other than that, awesome hardware.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Man, as a former icon owner I am loving the crap not only outta this phone but the battery is phenomenal. I can't recall going all day and then some on a phone battery that wasn't one of those bulging extended Mugen's from back in the day. I really think that 8.1 does battery well. Not so on my former icon experience running the 8.1 DP. Definitely a better experience here.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Idk why people post stuff like that. This thing has great battery yes but posting 4 days with no charge just tells everyone you don't use your phone that much.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/lastbootuptime/f6bf999e-8081-4aad-b148-417b23b17d65
Sounds like an uptime app, not an off charger app.

http://1drv.ms/1tbt2tb
Does that really look like its been off the charger 5, almost 6 days?

I reboot (on purpose) occasionally but:
http://1drv.ms/1qAdxez

I've never had a spontaneous reboot.

Wow! How did I manage 4 days off the charger and nearly a full battery bar at the top? So weird! Maybe its because its not measuring time off the charger?

Title of thread: Do you have an HTC One M8 for windows that doesn't have a problem?

Quote snippet from first post:
... but am concerned about all the postings I see about self-rebooting problems.

So now you know why people post stuff like that. To answer questions asked.

Hope I was able to clear that up for ya.

Just in case it wasn't clear though, it isn't measuring battery life, and I use my phone everyday syncing 5 email accounts, 3 calendars, and I use it to listen to music while at work.

Last edited:

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I had a reboot today but I got a good look at the conditions it was under. It is a signal issue and probably a windows phone specific thing. When the phone is borderline LTE and 3G, it will sometimes cause a reboot switching back and forth constantly. This causes power fluctuations in the device as well.

This isn't uncommon,as Android phones used to do the same thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99