4K recording for 830.?

AlexFlorin

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Lookup WPC article comparing the 630 to a 1020.

It loses big time in graphics and overall.

Enjoy the poor web performance as well.

So overall, the Lumia 630/635 isn't a performance beast but it does OK when it comes to raw power. Its Windows Phone 8.1 runs smooth and without hiccups, as do the popular mobile arcade games.
Also the 830 has double the Ram so the performance should be up by quite a bit in games, graphics and anything else.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
****** speculation. Popular games doesn't mean graphically intensive ala GT Racing 2, etc....

Add to that it will be pushing a much higher resolution than the 630 and you're looking at poor frame rates.

You obviously don't build your own PCs or have a clue about what is required when you increase the resolution.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
for those interested -
http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/09/05/lumia-camera-focus-capture-moment-quality-ease-speed/

this is the Lumia camera article from Converations.Nokia - worth your time to read it...No the 830 wont be capable of 4K at 24fps, with 8.3MP stills, but it can still take 24fps FullHD (1080p) and give 2MP stills... i'll take the ability of extracting stills from a 24fps video any day....

As far as overall expectations of the processor - i am running a 520 as my every day right now - waiting to see whats going to come to the US carriers while taking my 808 Pureview for photos - but i can tell you the 520 does everything else i want it to do with its S4 dual core processor... fast ENOUGH for me to do my web browsing and social media and videos/music, offline navigation etc.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I know more about PC's that you can imagine.

Yeah it shows.
Nice couple of freezes at 1:36 in the video. Nice Hang there. Sound included.

Seems like bumping the car into the wall was a bit too much for the CPU/GPU to take in its stride.

On a level with a pretty simple background compared to the more detailed city levels.

Don't ever recall my 820 dropping to zero like that on any level.

Good job:smile:

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, game developers are more to be blamed for poor performance on windows phones with adreno305. Since, the same games run mighty fine on adreno305 touting androids which include samsung/htc flagship minis.

AlexFlorin

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it shows.
Nice couple of freezes at 1:36 in the video. Nice Hang there. Sound included.

Seems like bumping the car into the wall was a bit too much for the CPU/GPU to take in its stride.

On a level with a pretty simple background compared to the more detailed city levels.

Good job:smile:
The internet is full of clips
Take you time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwZEJsHd_4I
Also is this the only game??

The Moto G can play games and so will the 830.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq0AzMqwJBY

Freezes can happen for a variety of reasons.
If you say so.

So how is it? does the S400 run games or not? You are such a big expert you must have a lot of arguments.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Sorry ****** you've already wasted my time with your efforts but if it calms you down keep trawling the internet to try and beat a 2year old phone.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The example you gave wasn't using the accelerometer. Auto accel and brake Less load on the SOC. Really not a good example but I'm not surprised. You are trying hard.

Like I said before waste of time.

Good Job!!!:smile: We've hijacked the thread long enough. But you got the itch so go trawl thru youtube again.

Last edited:

Melvinizer

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Moto G isn't using the same SOC as the 830 sure its a 400 but its got some key differences
Its not a 4G phone and its Adreno is clocked at 450MHz

No 4G less load on the SOC

The example you gave wasn't using the accelerometer. Auto accel and brake Less load on the SOC. Really not a good example but I'm not surprised. You are trying hard.

Like I said before ****** you are a waste of time.

Good Job!!!:smile: We've hijacked the thread long enough. But you got the itch so go trawl thru youtube again.
Wow, somebody give this guy an Oscar! He's amazing...

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, here it is guys. The 4k vid recording will only be available for a particular mode a la capture mode and only with chipsets supporting SD800(Lumia 1520/930/Icon).

830 will only have 1080p moment capture mode and the stills you extract from it would be of 2mp.

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/09/05/lumia-camera-focus-capture-moment-quality-ease-speed/

tyta5yhy.png

Edit: Sorry. It has been posted before. Didn't read the whole thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss