Att cyan is live!!!!!!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Blame it on sheer boredom perhaps, but I downloaded NSRT on my work laptop and reverted my phone to 8.0 to try out cyan...

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I do realize that the software version being referenced in the NSRT is the firmware, not the OS rev but it still is a little confusing. So it will downgrade to 8.0 but keep me at 1347.1001 and then I'll be able to update to Cyan OTA, right?

Should be able to

Jason Velocity

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Ran NSRT, installed all the updates, good to go with 8.1 and Cyan.

Note: Before I installed updates, WP only saw my 8.0 phone backup from April. After running through all the updates, I reset the phone and ran through the OOB. My recent 8.1 backup was there.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
total time to get from 8.0 Black to Cyan 8.1 was 3 hours. There has to be a better way to do this.

Wow, that sucks. It took me 45 minutes while on Wi-fi. I think it depends how much data we have on our phones, since for me the migration of data was the longest part of the update.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Took me about 3 hours of updates too. Went from DP 8.1, down to 8.0, Cyan update and then back to DP 8.1. It is still downloading all my apps again, but that is probably my own fault for having so many. I can say that it did go very smoothly overall, and I'm hooping it will be worth the time spent.

Jay_TO

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
For those who get it, I'm sure this question is quite tiring however, I'm not clear on how you go from DP 8.1 to 8.0. I've downloaded NSRT and the only option to install to is 3051.40000.1347.1001 which is exactly where the L920 is at now. As I attempt to run it with that anyway, the phone reboot and eventually a message tells me I'm not compatible. What am I missing here? I did this a couple weeks ago with my Rogers branded L920 and it was a cake walk.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you're running into but I just finished 2 of our 920's; one from DP the other from 8.0. It's definitely quicker without the rollback but not too bad. I'll do #3 in the AM and see if I have any additional insights.

Seth Glenn

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Took me about 3 hours of updates too. Went from DP 8.1, down to 8.0, Cyan update and then back to DP 8.1. It is still downloading all my apps again, but that is probably my own fault for having so many. I can say that it did go very smoothly overall, and I'm hooping it will be worth the time spent.
Did you back it up first? Trying to decide if I'll downgrade, as I really want the Bluetooth 4.0 with Cyan so I can sync my fitbit finally. Also did it keep your pics/videos/music? And settings? Also do you have to redo your whole start screen when you downgrade and then upgrade again? Or can you restore from backup afterwards?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos