[L730\735] Is it a success?

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Besides one missing feature, the 73x is a very good phone for it's price. In the US it will end up costing $150. It could be a good Moto G competitor. Although the Moto g does not yet have this, it could possibly soon. This feature is glance screen. The loss of glance makes me want an 830, but that is too expensive for a snapdragon 400 phone. Also the cheap looking back panel is another drawback. Although it will be coming to the US for maybe $250, so US people can get it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But think, I don't think the Moto G has the Active Display (AFAIK, esp. since it has an LCD whereas the Moto X has an OLED.) and how many iPhone's have glance?

It's sizeable enough to give one pause, but did it stop the people who bought the 52x's, the 63x's? If you're looking at existing WP owners, it could be a problem. But new converts, not as much.
So it's not going to fail, at least for that reason.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the 730 will fail because it doesn't have a feature that next to nobody knows about, let alone cares about.

The self-importance in this forum is just pathetic.

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've heard it lacks COMPASS as well. IF that's true, after all the time Nokia's spent with Livesight and HERE maps, they're dowgrading their 7xx series generation after generation.

Said by a 720 owner...

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
That's good news. That's what I heard on AAWP comments. Probably it's named MAGNETOMETER and those commenting there weren't aware it's the same.
Good news, at the least.
What I'd loose from switching would be Glance, at this point. And some phisical buttons.

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
The 730 got a bit of an assist today from Motorola. The new Moto G is incredibly disappointing from a spec standpoint, not necessarily a price standpoint. Literally the exact same phone as the second gen except marginally better cameras, a larger screen, and it loses LTE. It even keeps the same battery for that larger screen. Price is pretty amazing though.

If the 735 actually sells - not MSRP nonsense - around the same price, it'll be just fine as it seems like a nicer phone in terms of hardware. I've been torn between the two and am waiting on the 735 pricing to make my decision between that and a second gen Moto G (not 'new').

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
73x line will not fail, bit it will proceed to make a niche for itself like the 720 and 710 before it. Heck, the Nokia 700 and 701 performed really well as well!

If you see a 7xx series Nokia, chances are that it will perform really well in the market.

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
730 will be a hit. Lack of glance will not affect the sales. It'll be on demand from users looking to upgrade their L52x, L62x, L63x and L720. Like me.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Glance (or a led indicator) and Camera Button are must have for me now. So no Lumia 730 for me.
I will keep my Lumia 820 and wait for threshold.
Sent from my Lumia.

bhummer

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
i dont think 730 will fail due to absence of glance. it may fail if nokia does not price it competitively. especially now that the new moto g is in market and is priced really well.

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Glance is definitely not a make or break feature for me. I currently have an Icon so unless something bad happens to it I probably won't be getting a 730. That being said I think this phone could do really well on carriers like T-mobile and Cricket if it launches ~$200. I see a US future for this as a high end no contract phone.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
This is what I think so far, I go with a 5 tier system

Tier 1 - Lumia 530 Cheapest of the cheap
Tier 2 - Lumia 630 You don't want to feel cheap, but don't want to spend to much either
Tier 3 - Lumia 730 You're in the middle you don't want the best but you don't want it to be bad either.
Tier 4 - Lumia 830 Budget Flagship
Tier 5 - Lumia 930 Flagship

The rest are either niche (1020) or large (1320 & 1520)

Every phone has a purpose :)

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The 730/735 is definitely a better phone than the Moto G 2nd Gen except for the larger screen (which is a choice) and a camera with more pixels . The Moto G camera has a 50-50 chance of making people choose Moto G over 730 since it has a higher resolution BUT a lot of people know that MP isn't everything and beating a Lumia camera is going to be tough. As for the price, atleast $25 dollars less for the 730 and both the phones would be neck and neck. I think the 730 will sell REALLY well, not enough to beat Moto G 2nd gen, but close.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Moto g 2 is already started selling in flipkart on 5th Sept but Lumia 730 is yet to release.people who want to buy a mid range wont wait.In India Samsung grand 2 has slashed price to 18000 Rs.people will buy grand 2 also as an alternative because it is only oem that offers gimmicky features but suffers in lag or freeze.But still Samsung would sell because in India everyone loves Samsung nc their huge screen.i think at 17500 this grand 2 will sell along with newly launched moto g2.nokia plz get your acts quickly or else Lumia 730 will suffer people looking for 17000 budget would have brought Samsung grand 2 because of the constant ads being pushed by Samsung.But one good thing is xiaomi mi 3 has stopped selling in India if it was still going Indians would be very much interested in buying mi 3 nd Lumia 730 will be bought by some wp fans.Nokia plz release it quickly or you have lost another golden opportunity.
From Windows phone

joy_forceindian

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
You are absolutely right...Nokia(or Microsft now) often come up with super quality phones but fail miserably when it comes to market penetration!!Infact thay should learn from their own succes story of Lumia 520 when it comes to penetration!!

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
And I think nokia has to offer gimmicky features like Samsung .Though not everyone uses those still it attracts normal public .In that way only Samsung has invaded Indians.
From Windows phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar