Audio quality with in-ear headphones?

Wahadinho

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm planing to switch to Lumia 930 from iPhone 5s, and so far, everything what i've found convinced me to make a switch except audio quality when listening to the (local) music. I just really can't find impressions from actual user about this. Many people are telling me that audio quality with in ear headphones is terrible, cant even be compared with iPhone 5s' sound quality. But honestly I doubt that it can be THAT BAD on one flagship phone.

I'm using iphone since 3g, i switched once to Galaxy S (when it was released) then after couple of months moved back to iphone, and another trip to android last year with Xperia Z but couldn't wait to get rid of android once again. Quality on both android phones was noticeably worse than on any iphone i used. I don't want to make same mistake again since listening to the music on the phone is a big thing for me.

Mostly, there was problem with reproduction being too quiet, on both phones, and when i tried any other settings through equalizer, it sounded just distorded, and not listenable, like sound is cracking and going everywhere, chaotic, not pleasant

I'm using Sennheiser CX175 headphones and if i buy another one, it would be Sennheiser again, so its bit more quality headphones than generic ones. Sound quality is mostly 128-356kbps bitrate, so not FLAC or any other more quality file type.

I'm posting in this part of the forum because its more active than Lumia 930 section, and its practically the same phone.

Thanks in advance :)

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm really satisfied with the sound quality through wired headphones on my icon. If you use a Bluetooth headset make sure it has a built in equalizer or else it will sound flat.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the wired nokia purity headphones. They sound great. More than enough volume to blast our my eardrums and never distorted. on phone arena they have a comparison of voltage which in my unscientific guess would equate to more power and volume...?:confused:

Also with other earphones, the sony MDR-AS200 that i use for running, also have plenty of volume even though they arent really in ear and i'm running around.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I can test it out for you if you would like. I can see how my sister's Icon compares to my Onkyo C-7030 CD Player, my laptop, and my 822. I've got Audio Technica M50, Sennheiser PX-100 II, and Audeo PFE-012 headphones to test it out on.

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My Icon sounds great with iPhone 5s in ear buds. I also have Nokia Purity in ear buds and they sound lackluster, I've never got on with them. I just purchased Nokia Purity on ear headphones and they are amazing, blows away using in ear buds on either iPhone or whatever. Only cost $50 at Amazon, really good deal for what you get.

Icon has EQ so you can set it up how you want. I have no doubt it will sound great with your Sennheiser headphones.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yup, i'm dragging this back from the dead. I enjoyed the audio quality of my in ear purity headphones but they have stopped functioning properly with no actual damage. the mic just decided that it didn't wish to function anymore.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Wish this guy got back to this thread and told us if he ever made the switch.

That being said, my Icon sounds amazing with a pair of $14 Skullcandy earbuds. Couldn't be happier (except with a more expensive pair of buds!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss