I'm currently running a preview for developers on my Lumia 620 and would like to get the full Cyan update. I've heard around that updating the phone having the preview for developers enabled, may cause some issues and cause the phone to reset. I'm not sure about what to do, anyone around here able to shed some light on this?

Thanks.
    09-05-2014 11:25 AM
    Well if you are running preview for developers of windows phone 8.1 you will be unable to get the cyan update as people who had upgraded had problems that cause their phones to go DEAD (this was mainly for users whos work provided them their phones cause it was a problem with the encryption) so Microsoft that found this problem has put a hold on updates for preview for developer users hence not if you want to get cyan update then you will have to restore your phone
    here's how
    How to downgrade the OS on a Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central
    FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - United Arab Emirates
    09-05-2014 01:08 PM
    Well if you are running preview for developers of windows phone 8.1 you will be unable to get the cyan update as people who had upgraded had problems that cause their phones to go DEAD (this was mainly for users whos work provided them their phones cause it was a problem with the encryption) so Microsoft that found this problem has put a hold on updates for preview for developer users hence not if you want to get cyan update then you will have to restore your phone
    here's how
    How to downgrade the OS on a Lumia Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central
    FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - United Arab Emirates
    So you're saying that I should update anyway, see my phone getting bricked, and then restore it?
    09-05-2014 02:06 PM
    So you're saying that I should update anyway, see my phone getting bricked, and then restore it?
    He meant if you WANT to get Cyan now, you have one option available and i.e. to downgrade your phone to version 8 using NSRT and get Cyan. If you wish to go further then, you can again register for Preview for Developers again and can get DP 8.1.1 keeping Cyan intact. If you are not comfortable with this workaround, you will have to wait until MS resumes Cyan update for those who are on DP.
    Hope that helps!
    09-05-2014 02:13 PM
    That's one way of putting it.

The completely less doomsday-ish version of it is Microsoft put on hold the Cyan update for Preview for Developers users because a small percentage (and easily identifiable subset) of users had bricking issues. If you're using the DP and would like Cyan, you can either wait until Microsoft fixes the issue, or use the Nokia Recovery tool to upgrade. This will essentially downgrade you to 8.0, then re-upgrade you to Cyan.

For clarification, Cyan did come to some users even though they were using the DP recently...I believe it was the 1520, but I could be wrong.
    09-05-2014 02:16 PM
    A few phones did get the update to Cyan from DP directly, but only in a few regions and only for the 1520 and 1020 I believe. When you use the Recovery Tool, it might no longer downgrade you to 8.0. It appears most of the images have been updated to 8.1 and Cyan already. However, you will still lose whatever data is on the phone and if you wish to restore your current backup from DP, you should first set up DP again after installing Cyan and let it update to 8.1 Update 1, then do a hard reset and restore your backup.
    09-05-2014 02:22 PM