Dot View Case issues can't figure it out...

romors666

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
So I picked up a Dot View case today but am having some issues. The only functions that work are time, weather, cortana, and volume. I get absolutely no notifications of any kind. No email, text, phone call, or anything. I've checked the dot view sub menu in settings but only have activate cortana and weather option but nothing else. Am I missing something?? Any other dot view owners that can shed some light on my situation. Kind of sucks that the case performs none of the basic functions it's supposed to. Even when I get a phone call the case lights up but displays just the time and weather I can't answer or decline the call. If this is the way this case functions I'll certainly be returning it.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Do you have Notifications turned on in Settings and under Notifications & Actions? The box should be checked that says Show notifications in action center when locked. Then make sure all apps that you want shown in the list is ON. Then go to Accessory Apps, The HTC dot view case should be turned ON. And last is under Settings go to Dot View Case, this also should be turned on. Once you have all this turned on restart your phone, this should activate everything. If it does not you may have a problem.

romors666

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Scotiez under accessory apps I don't have any apps. The list is empty. Where would I download the app for the dot view case? I'm guessing that's my issue.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I am guessing that is your problem too. The sales person at the Verizon store put my case on my phone for me so I do not know if he installed the app or if he got it from the store. I am assuming it came on my phone cause he would have needed my login for Microsoft store in order to download it. If your close to the Verizon store I think I would go and ask one of the sales people.

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I just checked it out cause I was curious myself. I only have 1 app under accessory apps and it was preinstalled my HTC. If you are missing that app you may need to get a different phone from Verizon. It would be best to talk to them and see what they say.

romors666

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Called Verizon and that was a waste of time. The app isn't on my phone and I even did a Hard Reset and that did nothing. Funny that my phone wouldn't have the app if I'm on the very same OS and phone as you. Only thing I can think of is maybe a replacement phone cause I'm at a lost at this point on what to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077