Swapped an LG G3 for an 930. I have no regrets.

pedrohdavelar

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This year, i decided to swap my 920 for an newer phone. After much thinking, i decided to try the new LG G3.

Yes, its an awesome phone. Yet, after 1 year using windows phone (520, 820 and 920), i simply could not get used to android.
Certainly it has more apps, yet the core experience of WP is, for me, much better. WP is better at managing contacts, the homescreen is much better than any custom homescreen android has, the UI is faster and prettier, even the xbox music player is better than the default google music player. So, after about three weeks with the G3 i swapped it for an 930.

During the first days i experienced the battery/overheat problems. But now after some use the phone is doing pretty well. Battery life stands for about an entire day. The G3 off course has an awesome screen size/resolution. But i still prefer the colors of amoled screens. The 930 camera so far performs better than the G3 camera. And 4k video recording is coming soon.

There seems to be too much hate against the 930 in this forum, but it is a good phone. I liked it much more than the G3.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Great positive post there, I'm forced to use a iphone for work(damn thing) so glad I've got a L630 ......so much smoother and works better.
My cents worth(Bt openreach engineer)

Shiranui2012

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I've sold my One M8 to get the Lumia 930, and I like this phone alot, pretty much for the same reasons, the only thing I really miss from the M8 are the front facing speakers, there's nothing that comes close to how that One M8 sounds.
Having had Windows Phones in the past, L820 and L620 and even an Omnia 7 I felt they weren't quite ready yet, but now with the Lumia 930 with WP8.1 already running, it feels a much more complete and mature OS. I am not one for using a lot of apps so as long as I have the main apps I use most frequently I am happy. Unfortunately the L930 gets quite warm at times of intense use (playing Bejeweled Live +) but battery life is better than my M8 so I can put up with it. Battery life is different for everyone. It will be hard to beat the LG G2 I had before the M8 either way.
That said, I was quietly excited to hear the M8 is coming to Windows Phone later on, maybe, just maybe the perfect phone for the ones (like me) who appreciate the One M8 hardware with Windows Phone 8.1 instead of Android?

Shiranui2012

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes I sold my M8 to get the Lumia 930 because I had enough of Android, mainly...Always preferred the looks of Windows Phone over Android, but Windows Phone wasn't ready for me yet, :unhappy:
So when the One M8 for Windows Phone gets released in the UK I may still consider getting one then.

YeMan

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Do any of you miss the marketplace at all? Or do you think it's fine and has what you need, but nothing extra?

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
No, its the google music player. Theres the LG player too, but that was even worse. With WP there`s no need to search for an 3rd party music player, the xbox music player is quite good.

You're joking right? The Google Music app is better than Xbox Music in every possible way. I use both, but I'm not quite sure you really used Google Music. Xbox Music has got massive problems that need to be fixed.

78BHQ3U.jpg

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You're joking right? The Google Music app is better than Xbox Music in every possible way. I use both, but I'm not quite sure you really used Google Music. Xbox Music has got massive problems that need to be fixed.

View attachment 80142

lol no google play music is a joke compared to mixxradio and xbox music
i have it on my nexus 5,VLC beats google play music by miles but lacks a few things the above 3 offer

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 80142

Lol. The stock Google music player is horrible. I'd rather have Xbox Music than that. For my Android device, I only use Shuttle. The iOS player is still the best though, I must say. Also the Xbox Music copies on Android are trash..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Great positive post there, I'm forced to use a iphone for work(damn thing) so glad I've got a L630 ......so much smoother and works better.
My cents worth(Bt openreach engineer)

How is the battery life on that iphone :p, I was surprised when my brother-in-law also a fellow open reach engineer said they gave out iphones when he first started and he was praising them lol (He is an iphone fanatic lol says his 5s has a bigger battery than my L920 :straight:, yeah sure 1560 mAh is bigger than 2000 mAh :grincry:)... you would think they would be giving out more rugged phones with greater battery life.

I had the chance to play with LG G3 over the weekend at a family gathering and it is a pretty sweet device, that running windows phone would be pretty sweet. The auto focus is pretty fast, if they bring the speed enhancements of the lumia camera to the 1020 and I might get one myself on the cheap next year as they are currently going for 130 to 180 on ebay as a primary device (my 920 would become my back up) unless they bring out a 1020 successor next year.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, its this app and yes, i think the xbox music is better.

Seriously? LOL.

I switched back to Android device from Windows Phone just a few months back and the Google Play Music app simply beats the Xbox Music app.

It's faster, has better lockscreen and notification integration, better animations, and much much faster.

1410273092016.jpg
1410273113865.jpg
1410273127134.jpg

Lol. The stock Google music player is horrible. I'd rather have Xbox Music than that. For my Android device, I only use Shuttle. The iOS player is still the best though, I must say. Also the Xbox Music copies on Android are trash..

If you think that the Stock Google Play Music is horrible, the Xbox Music app on Windows Phone must be unbearable because of how mug slower it is and less functional.

i do unlike you
who the heck are you to type such stuff
mind your own business

You don't own it, I've seen your views on Android and they simply can't come from someone that has owned a Nexus 5. Many of the problems you constantly mention throughout the forums are limited to only you, you provably got a defected model or you didn't ever get one at all.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? LOL.

I switched back to Android device from Windows Phone just a few months back and the Google Play Music app simply beats the Xbox Music app.

It's faster, has better lockscreen and notification integration, better animations, and much much faster.

View attachment 80306
View attachment 80308
View attachment 80309

If you think that the Stock Google Play Music is horrible, the Xbox Music app on Windows Phone must be unbearable because of how mug slower it is and less functional.

You don't own it, I've seen your views on Android and they simply can't come from someone that has owned a Nexus 5. Many of the problems you constantly mention throughout the forums are limited to only you, you provably got a defected model or you didn't ever get one at all.

wth dude i think you dont own a windows phone, androids cons have nothing to do with my owning a nexus 5,i use mine for app development
lets see- you hate wp and constantly defend android even when its wrong and u forget all WP users came from android and ios so yeah our views are better than those who have only used android and ios and no wp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans