1520 or 1020

parsaion

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I do care about the SD storage. Every phone, dumb or smart (I had an old windows phone) before had SD storage, and I did not know why apple wouldn't let you use SD cards....that being said, I've gotten by now for three years without

parsaion

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the consensus is the 1520.3 (if I like the size of it). The cheapest 1520.3 I have found is in black. I seem to also be able to get yellow and white pretty easily, yellow being $10 more and white being $130 more. The only place I could find a red 1520.3 is out of stock. Any thoughts of where I could find a red one?

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
930 is certainly perfect size, however battery is atrocious!
My wife's new Galaxy S5 with 2800 mAH battery is not much better.

However both Galaxy S5 & Lumia 930's batteries said to be better than iPhone 5S.

It's as though a mobile phone's greatest Achilles heel today is the battery life?
Indeed my main reason for replacing my February 2013 Lumia 920 was the battery.
I normally try to keep phones for at least two years, but I had to let go of my 920 after 12 months.

Back in 2009, my greatest turn off with my iPhone 3G S 64 GB was the battery life after only moderate use!
My second biggest gripe was the poor reception; people say they couldn't contact us.
My third biggest gripe was the lack of Microsoft Office...

Last edited:

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: 1520 it 1020

In a choice between the old 1020 or the 1520, I'd go with the 1520. The "only" reason to choose the 1020 would be the camera. Having said that, the 1520 camera is pretty damn good.

I went for the 930. Its the right size with top end features, and the same camera as the 1520.

I will get the 1030 when its released.

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I am using a 1020 now, and if you were to ask me, I would say both are good.

The 1020 camera is powerful. I mean, when used properly, damn, the pictures that come out from it is amazing. Screen size is okay... But compared to the norm nowadays (5" and above), it does seems kind of small. The lack of microSD is not a big deal for me, but maybe if you have tons of music, space may be an issue. Otherwise, the 1020 still can stand amongst the phones out there nowadays. One drawback I would say would be the hardware is starting to show its age. It is still fast, but, newer features that Nokia introduce are not supported by the 1020 (i.e. the Lumia Denim software update. The feature to record 4k like videos and snap the stills will not be available on the 1020). But otherwise, it is still quite a good phone.

The 1520, on the other hand, is the more modern Lumia out there, and ( still) one of the more powerful Lumia out there. The screen is gorgeous, the hardware is fantastic. Although the size ( 6" ) may be a little big, but I think you can get use to it after some time using it. The modern hardware inside it (Snapdragon 800) will ensure longevity on the phone, and newer features will be able to work on your 1520. Battery life I heard is fantastic, so yeah. Camera will not be as powerful as the 1020, but well, they both balance each other out !

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
1520 all the way. The battery is amazing, so is the camera. One thing to consider is the HOPE that MS brings WP in to the level of the 2 other OSses, meaning the big screen 1520 SHOULD get extra functionality.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey! What are you doing here now? Ain't seen you since the webOS days.

Hey... I've been here for some time. More now that I don't spend much time on AC. I've been Windows Phone for about a year as a daily driver. Good to "see" you again. :)

Looks like the consensus is the 1520.3 (if I like the size of it). The cheapest 1520.3 I have found is in black. I seem to also be able to get yellow and white pretty easily, yellow being $10 more and white being $130 more. The only place I could find a red 1520.3 is out of stock. Any thoughts of where I could find a red one?

Red in a 1520.3 is going to be tough. White is next most popular. I went through B&H Photo for my Yellow 1520.3 and could not be happier. I see the price is going up on their site slightly. I think demand on 1520.3 in the US is growing. Shop fast and shop smart or they might jack the prices up beyond what you are willing to pay.

I'd love that Green that is an AT&T exclusive, but I'm not accepting their crippled version of the device even if I could get one unlocked. Red would be cool too, but I never found one. The Yellow was a good deal and I jumped on it. It's not bright... It's sort of a dusty lemon color. Looks classy, not garish. I keep it in a clear TPU gel case and it turns heads.

Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 32GB Smartphone A00016720 B&H Photo

The price has risen $10.04 since 3 weeks ago when I placed my order. The Black is at the price I paid, the White was on back order even then and is now at a hefty premium...

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have both 1520 and the 930. 1520 stays and the 930 has to go, the battery is just like from another planet on the 1520. Also I LOVE the fact whites dont consume more battery in the 1520 (lcd) like it does on the 930 (amoled), so I can use the white theme.

parsaion

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
RumorsNow: thanks for the info. I'm torn between black and yellow. On the one hand the yellow is a nice flash of color to differentiate it from other phones. On the other, yellow wouldn't be my first choice. How are you liking that color choice?

I'm also thinking if what case I would put it in, maybe a flip style case that protects it well in and out of my pocket, but that would cover up the color anyway? Any better thoughts on cases (like the see through one you are mentioning?)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I love the yellow. Not my first choice but when I saw it in person. WOW. Like I said, classy, not garish. If it were brighter and more "hard plasticky looking" I wouldn't care for it, but they "toned it down" just enough.

Here's the case I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2753654

Super clear - when you look at it, the difference between color through the case and what you see in the cutouts is hard to spot without conscious scrutiny. Grip - it feels great and gives a solid contact that inspires a sense of security. Slim - it doesn't feel intrusive or bulky, I still pocket my beast even in this case. Fit - the fit is amazing and actually goes around the sides right up to the glass of the screen and the cutout around the camera is noticeably taller than the camera pod providing extra protection for your lens.

​Add a Tempered Glass screen protector and you are covered all the way around.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I traded for the black 1520 and owning a black phone before (710) I can say that it's definitely the best color as far as dirt and grime not showing up. White looks nicer if you keep it clean constantly though... although I feel the same way about cars and my car is always dirty. :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven