Installed Cyan / 8.1 via the Nokia Software on RM-995

Kurt Falde

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I have the RM-995 that I use on At&T that I bought via Newegg.. Just tried today with Nokia Software Recovery tool and it showed that Cyan was available for my device. Just for grins I had my SIM card out to make sure it didn't try to do anything thinking about AT&T. I was running DP 8.1+ whatever prior to this and I was having crashes with apps all the time and things were extremely slow. After update readit/baconit now both are running great again without crashing and phone is very snappy for the time being :) hopefully stays that way. Anyway if you are running an unlocked via newegg phone you can upgrade to Cyan now although you will have to wipe if you were using DP.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You can always flash it to an unbranded ROM so you don't have to wait for Cricket to release updates. You can try flashing to the 059V7H9 Product Code, I just checked Product Support tool and Cyan is indeed available

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You can download the firmware using Data Package Manager and then perform a dead flash using Nokia Product Support Tool for Store. Make sure to backup your phone before you do that

leo5122

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
i cant seem to find a download for the tool that does NOT ask to login, i mean the tool when i try to go online asks me for login, so if you can PM me a link or whatever id appreciate it, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte