SD Card Error Scanning

GGATCS

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Help, my phone frequently says my sd card has errors and needs to scan to fix. Every card I try does this, 32gb 64gb or even the new 129gb.

Format each card first and then try to add 24gb of music....that's all. I try file copy, or windows media. Either one keeps giving me problems moving this amount of music. I end up with about 8-10 artist's who show up in the file structure but have no files attached to them.

Why can't I get this done? I've tried to copy to the card via the card writer on the computer (out side of the phone) but same problems.

TheDarkKnight116

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I was having a similar problem which I later determined through Bing searches, that the SD card which was listed as 64gb actually only had the capacity of about 3gb. The first movie or first few artists I transferred would be fine, other files would show up, but when trying to play them errors would come up. Apparently there was enough room on the card, anything after the first few GB would become corrupted during the file transfer.

I don't know if this is the same issue for you as you have tried multiple SD cards. Unless you bought them all on ebay from China then it seems unlikely they would all give you the same problem.

So, for me, I bought a new one at best buy a few months ago and all was good until about a month ago, when my phone would random reboot throughout the day. I hard reset and phone started behaving normal, until I began loading movies and music onto the card. The first movie I tried to play, within 10 seconds locked the phone and rebooted multiple times. I've removed the SD card, reinstalled the developer preview 8.1.1 and no issues in the last two days. So, a faulty SD card, a hardware issue where the phone doesn't like the SD card, or a file that is corrupted. I don't know for sure and until I do know I don't want to fork out more money for another SD card. I feel that in the future the built in storage should default much higher removing the need to have additional storage as SD cards seem to be slow and unreliable.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
They could, but then everyone would be howling about the $950.00 price for the phone (as is the I6 with 128G).

:)
Fred

I don't buy that at all. Memory is cheap. And its not like it is that much harder to put more memory in a phone than it is to put an SD reader in there. In fact, its probably less work.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They could, but then everyone would be howling about the $950.00 price for the phone (as is the I6 with 128G).

:)
Fred

I don't buy that at all. Memory is cheap. And its not like it is that much harder to put more memory in a phone than it is to put an SD reader in there. In fact, its probably less work.

I think Apple is the only OEM that charges so much for memory on a GB x GB price breakdown. It's one of the reasons they won't allow a card slot into their design... And with their limited model range, storage becomes the must have upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99