Microsoft cheating L1020 owners by giving DENIM UPDATE...

Jeroenvk94

May 30, 2014
Visit site
That I don't know, but if the Lumia 920 can run wp8.1,then it should be able to run the next update,I guess the next update is wp8.1.1

I have official Cyan so yeah it'll get Denim. Without the awesome camere functions. About time to buy a new phone. But I don't like the specs on 830 and 930. Waiting for a new high-end phone. A flagship

anon(8171782)

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have official Cyan so yeah it'll get Denim. Without the awesome camere functions. About time to buy a new phone. But I don't like the specs on 830 and 930. Waiting for a new high-end phone. A flagship

If they will ever make it again.now Nokia ms is about price,cut out all the camera pixel and cut out memory size and all to make it flagship that is affordable.so cheap means no high end phones with all the features.maybe 1520 will be the last.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I suppose part of the "problem" if you view it that way, is that the 1020 was really pushing the limits of what could be done with phone photography at the time, and we have to pay for that in some degree now, in that our devices are already so close to the limit there isn't much breathing room for new features. The camera is still awesome, and still works great, but the phone itself may not have enough headroom left to pull off some of the new tricks.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
L 1020 when introduced was costliest phone... Even today on many sites it's costliest of all... WHAT'S WRONG IF BUYERS EXPECT LONGER SUPPORT? But most WPC articles suggests we won't get DENIM... F**** MSFT ... it's like android kicking HTC ONE or Sansung S5 out... If LUMIA 1020 after spending 1000 US dollars (55k INR then) , deprive us I'd denim, what's point in remaining brand loyal? Thanks WPC for guiding us... XIOMI, here I come..
Doesn't make sense to start crying when something shown 2 days back is not said as a 'No' for existing devices !!The articles you referred might not list out all Lumia phones...it might not state if 520/620 or others will get it or not. It will be more clear what 1020 will get and can be used on it & what will not, once they start rolling out details about it. so its better to wait and see when it starts releasing.
​So far neither Nokia, nor MS has differentiated who will get updates based on if ppl paid $50 for it or $600...or if when was that WP8 device released.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing it at all...?

After reading the article twice, I think he's trying to say that since only the Icon, 930, 1520, and 830 were mentioned, he's assuming that the 1020 won't get it. By that logic, almost no phone is getting denim..... Which they are. The 1020 just won't he getting all of the new features because of its processor.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Iinm the 1020's camera is indeed capable of such features, only to be disappointed by the lack of its processor capabilities. Shucks.

The idea that this has anything to do with a somehow insufficient CPU is mere speculation, and TBH, very likely incorrect.

I think we may find out soon what the real issue is, but for now, just the fact that the 830 also supports this feature should be proof enough that CPU processing power isn't an obstacle.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Hey, is it too early to start crying about what will be missing from the update after Denim? 😃

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)