Why no autofocus, when it's there in Blink?

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Why is there no autofocus option in the Nokia camera app, or even the Microsoft Camera app, when Blink, by Microsoft, has it enabled by default?
Try it out!

Deviantelf

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for (I've never used Blink) but both the Nokia Camera and (MS's) Camera app have autofocus. In both you press the button halfway down until the viewfinder stops flashing then press the button down fully to take the pic. To not use autofocus just press the button down all the way in one motion.

acilsan

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for (I've never used Blink) but both the Nokia Camera and (MS's) Camera app have autofocus. In both you press the button halfway down until the viewfinder stops flashing then press the button down fully to take the pic. To not use autofocus just press the button down all the way in one motion.
with blink, the viewfinder will automatically focusing without user pressing button or tapping the screen. Similar feature like android and iphone,

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Why is there no autofocus option in the Nokia camera app, or even the Microsoft Camera app, when Blink, by Microsoft, has it enabled by default?
Try it out!

The default Nokia and Microsoft applications do use autofocus but it's slower because it uses single shot focusing method so it seems slower.

Blink has focus constantly set at Infinity and a lower resolution so images with Blink will probably be worse in quality.

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site
The default Nokia and Microsoft applications do use autofocus but it's slower because it uses single shot focusing method so it seems slower.

Blink has focus constantly set at Infinity and a lower resolution so images with Blink will probably be worse in quality.

Not at all, on my end. And I've held it up long enough for the phone to go into sleep.

Deviantelf

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion then. All the Android phones I had worked the same way: press halfway down to autofocus and all the way down for the shot (even if autofocus wasn't used). This is my first WP, all my others were Android before modern "smart phones" (since phones were called "smart phones" a good ten years before Android/IOS/WP... sorry I find it ironic!) they worked the same way too so it was rather intuitive for me.

So I'm guessing there's a specific brand of phone or phone model or app that used Android you're trying to replicate or iOS?... as for iOS I don't have much knowledge there.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Not at all, on my end. And I've held it up long enough for the phone to go into sleep.

What device do you have?

Sorry for the confusion then. All the Android phones I had worked the same way: press halfway down to autofocus and all the way down for the shot (even if autofocus wasn't used). This is my first WP, all my others were Android before modern "smart phones" (since phones were called "smart phones" a good ten years before Android/IOS/WP... sorry I find it ironic!) they worked the same way too so it was rather intuitive for me.

So I'm guessing there's a specific brand of phone or phone model or app that used Android you're trying to replicate or iOS?... as for iOS I don't have much knowledge there.

Many modern Android devices and iOS devices have continuous autofocus.

Windows Phone has it too, but on the higher end devices.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Try it out!

You're right! I didn't realize Blink app had continuous autofocus. Honestly, i think Nokia/Microsoft only added it to snapdragon 800 devices to make people buy the new phones or upgrade. I think it's bs that the 1020 or 92x can't handle it. That's just the way it is. If you really want it, you will have to buy a 1520/icon/930 or possibly wait for the 1020 replacement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb